PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Im sorry, but I had to post this: Finsheaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I was reading that board today when I discovered this thread. Read through it and try not to laugh or throw your keyboard out the window. The gist of it is Bill Belichick learned most of what he knows about defense from Nick Saban. Holy moley. Dolphin fans may be the dumbest fans on Earth.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=163204

Aren't you the one that is always ticked at me for being here and telling me to stay off your board and go back to Finheave? Oh that's right, you are! Hyprocrit.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Aren't you the one that is always ticked at me for being here and telling me to stay off your board and go back to Finheave? Oh that's right, you are! Hyprocrit.

That's why apologized for doing it in the title of this thread. I guess when confronted with mind-numbing idiocy, I'm willing to look the other way and break my rule. Seriously, that thread is so wrong its hysterical. Does the Iraqi Information Minister post on Finsheaven?

ps- For the record, I didn't sign up or post on Finsheaven. I would, but I'd need about a week of delousing afterwards. No thanks.

Yes I forgot. Silly me, to think that there is more than 1 team in the NFL. DOH! Sorry, I need to realize that the Pats are the only team in football and can't be touched. My apologies.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yes I forgot. Silly me, to think that there is more than 1 team in the NFL. DOH! Sorry, I need to realize that the Pats are the only team in football and can't be touched. My apologies.

Do you honestly think that Belichick learned his defense from Saban? If you do, tell your parents Ive got some land in the Everglades I'd like to sell them...

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Aqua, you started out this week making reasonable, constructive comments but seem to have crossed back into trolldom. It's a shame.

Hilarious thread. Good find. The sole voice of reason on that thread:

Yet we fail to mention Belichick won 2 super bowls as the DC of the Giants befor he met Saban, the one year he spent as the dc of the Pats in 96 they went to the SB, and the 3 SB's as HC of the Pats. BB is being a friend if you really believe Saban was a big part of their dynasty then your a dillusional homer. How many LSU players have actually contributed that much to the PAts. Jarvis green is the only one who did anything for them. Saban recomended Rohan Davey and Marquise Hill, maybe we should worry about his talent evaluation.But please lets stop putting saban in the same breath as Cowher, BB etc. Jim Mora jr. took a bad falcons team and took them the NFCCG his first season, why is he not considered a genius.

My favorite is the one about Saban and LSU being a big contributor to our Dynasty.

Eric Alexander - UDFA not on a SB winning roster
Marquise Hill - Enough said
Kevin Faulk - Pre - Saban coached LSU

The only two that had any contribution were/are

Gay and Green. Green played well filling in for Seymour in 04. And gay he gave us 12 games in 04 at corner. I tell ya, we owe it all to Saban.

Jacky Roberts said:
Do you honestly think that Belichick learned his defense from Saban? If you do, tell your parents Ive got some land in the Everglades I'd like to sell them...

I didn't say that, you are just so close minded it's ridiculous. I've never talked to a more hard nosed person in my life and it's pointless to try and talk with you.

I think the phins are thinking of the wrong saban. I believe BB mention Lou Saban as someone he talked and learned from.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I didn't say that, you are just so close minded it's ridiculous. I've never talked to a more hard nosed person in my life and it's pointless to try and talk with you.

This is hillarious, you don't address the idiocy of the thread, just rip the person who posted it. :rolleyes: In your original post:

You rip them for being on the fin board, while telling you not to post on our board. Well they never said they posted, just saw the thread--big difference. At least try and post a decent point!

mgcolby said:
My favorite is the one about Saban and LSU being a big contributor to our Dynasty.

Eric Alexander - UDFA not on a SB winning roster
Marquise Hill - Enough said
Kevin Faulk - Pre - Saban coached LSU

The only two that had any contribution were/are

Gay and Green. Green played well filling in for Seymour in 04. And gay he gave us 12 games in 04 at corner. I tell ya, we owe it all to Saban.

right! and why in hell would we give more credit to Saban than we would to the PLAYERS themselves????? Would Jarvis and K-Faulk suck had they instead been coached in college by Jim Tressell?

No coach or scheme can work miracles (all great coaches had great players, it's the one given in a sport as physical as football)...you just try to get the most out of what's already there to work with.

Not sayin' a lousy HC can't bring a team down (see: herm, etc.), but just that there's not nearly as much separation between the collective coaching staffs around the league as there is separation of talent among the top-30 individual skill players at key positions.

In the parity-era, where talent is more evenly "distributed" ("diluted" is really the wrong word -- there's more TALENT in the NFL today than there ever has been), it really comes down to the QB position with very few exceptions (steelers last year would definitely qualify).

Truth be told, BB did not learn his defensive genius from Saban. BB leaned his defensive mastery from the intellectual giant himself, the all time Dolphin great Danny Marino.

Aqua Forever indeed.

Why do some many of the posters in this thread get enjoyment form just peeing on each other? No one who matters is keeping score gents.....

My favorite line from the Fins board thread-

"or (how they) forgot to mention how A BOATLOAD of the players on the patriots were from LSU or recommendations from seeing them play. nick def had alot to do with the patriots dynasty."

Wow! And this comes from one of the board's "seasoned vets!"

I like Saban but the Dolphin fans need to worry about whether he can coach them not what he contributed to the Patriots. One and a half (including second offseason) years in and things don't seem to be much better down there.

Paperboy4eva

What kills me about that site is the large amount of factually bogus info posted by these teal and orange dunderheads. Please tell me that none of you South Beach walking dandies actually feel Belichick learned "everything he knows about defense" from Nick Saban. That's as factually wrong as saying George Washington learned foreign policy from George Bush.

LoL,The Dolfins are in a bad moment,they knows that we will win the next sunday.No more ;)

zippo59 said:
Aqua, you started out this week making reasonable, constructive comments but seem to have crossed back into trolldom. It's a shame.
I don't read that at all. Aqua sounds quite reasonable to me. We need to encourage polite followers of other teams on our board; and he appears to be one. I appreciate the different perspectives.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Ah, don't take it so hard, Aqua. The difference between the south Atlantic and the north Atlantic is that in the north our lobsters have *claws* because it gets cold in the winter and they got to sometimes crack ice to get their food.

Nobody hates you. ... I think....

It would be great if we could have a fans of other teams on here but for some reason either they say somethign stupid or one of us says something stupid and it ends up throwing the thread into the proverbial ****ter. It's kinda annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes