PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ILB Adam Seward [merged - old 2008 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats to host ILB Adam Seward tomorrow

again name a few of the tons they have brought in during free agency march to may and have not offered a contract

You have really back stepped here. It went from no one has visited with out being offered a contract to No one who visits and passes a physical to no one who visits and passes a physical between March and May.

Adam Seward is my brothers neighbor.

He said this deal will get done.

He didnt ask if it was a deal with the patriots though he was talking to some guy at Lowe's about installing a new deck or something.

PATSGO,

After searching for a while I have come up with a name. I don't remember a contract being offered to him.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/features_2001/freeagentnews_031002.asp

Feinsod said Minnestota TE Byron Chamberlain is garnering attention from New England and Detroit. Chamberlain visited the Patriots before signing with the Vikings last year and probably would not visit the Patriots again before signing.

Now can anyone honestly remember us evan having rumors of intrest in him...because I don't. I don't remember everyone who has visited here, thus I can not come up with names of people who visited without getting offered anything. But trust me we do not offer a contract to everyone who walks thru the door on a visit.

Last edited:

Is he still coming tomorrow?

PATSGO,

After searching for a while I have come up with a name. I don't remember a contract being offered to him.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/features_2001/freeagentnews_031002.asp

Now can anyone honestly remember us evan having rumors of intrest in him...because I don't. I don't remember everyone who has visited here, thus I can not come up with names of people who visited without getting offered anything. But trust me we do not offer a contract to everyone who walks thru the door on a visit.
But it's not just a visit...Poteat was looked at as a spossibility..they did NOT need to bring him in..they know him...same with Ty Law..they only bring in for visits those who they are not familiar with.

This is the second time I have heard you say this, and I find it really hard to believe.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head but I would bet large sums of money that they have brought in plenty of players and not offered a contract to them.

I am confused you say the pats offer a contract to everyone they bring in...well they visited with Seward yet you don't think will offer anything to him. Or do you think we already did and he didn't like it? you said you dont think we will sign him.

The Pats have brought in plenty of players and NOT offered them contracts. Particularly ILBs. Guys like Jamie Winborn, whom the Pats looked at TWICE and never offered a contract. There have also been some CBs that they have looked at and NOT offered a contract to,.

The Pats did have a visit of Seward. Ask PFW said so, as did Reiss in Boston Globe.

The Pats have brought in plenty of players and NOT offered them contracts. Particularly ILBs. Guys like Jamie Winborn, whom the Pats looked at TWICE and never offered a contract. There have also been some CBs that they have looked at and NOT offered a contract to,.

I think the original point argued by Patsgo was the Patriots always offer a contract during (or just after) the visit, if they want the player, and that no player who left his visit without an offer has eventually signed with the team during that season/offseason.

His point would be more accurate if he said "more often than not", or "generally", instead of turning it into a blanket statement. I say that because I know for a fact NE has had guys in for visits, and two weeks later (or longer) the player ended up finding his way onto NE's roster or the practice squad. It's an obviously incorrect statement if you actually research all of their past dealings, but it's not really something I care to argue about.

Moving on, I still wonder why they haven't shown any interest in Spikes or Hobson?

Last edited:

Has anyone even mentioned that this could be a negotiating tactic and that Seward & his agent are asking for too much? So the Pats are letting him hang in the wind until they come down on their price?

I bet they don't. What reason would there be?

I imagine some players are given a physical right before they're signed, while some are given a physical so the team knows they can pass a physical, for future reference.

(This guy popped a pin out in his injured foot, maybe they're discussing that situation with medical staff. Possible chronic foot problems might = go slow approach)

Either way, it has no bearing on this case. There are undoubtedly other LBs they're looking at, they have until April 18 to make an offer and they have to offer a figure high enough so it won't be matched, or make a trade offer.

Seems to me plenty of reason to take their time.

Because BB keeps track of everything?

376 posts on a thread about Adam Seward...wow.

ray clay you said "tons" im only asking you to come up with one, you cant, so you shouldnt make outlandish statements that arent true

Sorry, I'm not employed by the team.

I have only made accurate statements. Your the one concocting an imaginary scenario that neither you nor other posters has information about and saying it's true unless we can disprove it.

You should work on the intelligent design team.

PATSGO,

I think Patsgo should be sporting and give a list of every player who visited....and had a physical....between March and May....(awaiting further conditions).

Because BB keeps track of everything?

Why would you think that? He does Personnel, head coach and quite a bit of personal coaching.

Plus his scintillating press conferences.

You better believe he doesn't waste his precious time and cranial capacity on things that don't matter.

Sorry, I'm not employed by the team.

I have only made accurate statements. Your the one concocting an imaginary scenario that neither you nor other posters has information about and saying it's true unless we can disprove it.

You should work on the intelligent design team.
youve said the pats have had tons of players in for look sees in the free agency peroid withiut offering contracts, that is a incorrect statement, you still cant give me names, i believe that is concocting something you cant prove

Last edited:

Has anyone even mentioned that this could be a negotiating tactic and that Seward & his agent are asking for too much? So the Pats are letting him hang in the wind until they come down on their price?

Plus he's a RFA. They can give him a contract he loves and Carolina matches..all for naught.

youve said the pats have had tons of players in for look sees in the free agency peroid withiut offering contracts, that is a incorrect statement, you still cant give me names, i believe that is concocting something you cant prove

I don't see a quote. And I believe that was before you narrowed it to the free agent period...after a physical...between March and may.

Bring me my quote and the quote of yours I was responding to and I'll tell you if you're right.

Seward will be here.
Book it. Championship.

I searched out and found Byron Chamberlain and someone else noted Jamie Winbourn. Again we are trying to proove a negative here which is not an easy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST