PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Cassel had thrown three picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepatz11

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If Cassel had thrown three picks and just been completely awful I would feel better about this loss. MY concern is that Cassel played say an average/ below average game but they just got throttled in every other phase of the game. It is concerning when you consider Miami's reputation.

Call it a let down and every team is in entitled to one every now and then, especially when they had won 21 in a row. It is way too early to overreact the Pats lost many games like this in years past even in years with Brady when they won titles or made playoff runs. I am not pushing the panic button yet.

If they had lost say 19-17 I would not be pushing it at all. I know they are going to lose some games this year. I guess I am only concerned because as a team they laid down like dogs to a lousy team.

If Cassel had thrown three picks and just been completely awful I would feel better about this loss. MY concern is that Cassel played say an average/ below average game but they just got throttled in every other phase of the game. It is concerning when you consider Miami's reputation.

Call it a let down and every team is in entitled to one every now and then, especially when they had won 21 in a row. It is way too early to overreact the Pats lost many games like this in years past even in years with Brady when they won titles or made playoff runs. I am not pushing the panic button yet.

If they had lost say 19-17 I would not be pushing it at all. I know they are going to lose some games this year. I guess I am only concerned because as a team they laid down like dogs to a lousy team.

Well, he basically did throw three picks though - the one in Moss direction they called an iffy roughing the passer, and a Miami DB dropped a sure pick that then fell into Welker's hands. But neither of those passes had anything to do with the loss anyway. This was all on the defense. So your point remains.

I just think it was an aberration for the D. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore