PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know this was posted, but cant watch Tailgate or 4 Downs on FSNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I wrote, Fox Sports NE and they said since they show NFL footage ,only peopl in New England could see it, any other ways to complain, since I pay fox sports new england and would want to see those shows, but cant...

Write, call or don't pay for the out of town sports package, that's all we can do. It blows. I want to stop the sports package but I'd miss NEST despite the bozos Tanguay and ****erson.

I don't understand the big deal about showing NFL footage. It's not a live game and it's only clips. And the clips are never of the previous week's game. How is somebody losing money (must be money-related) out of this? Is this an NFL mandate to Fox Sports NE? It makes absolutely no sense to black it out for folks outside the Boston area, like for us folks on the West Coast. Where is the harm in us seeing these programs? :confused:

I get both shows on Comcast.

They both are terrible.

Is there anyone I can call to get them blocked too?

I dont' think it has anything to do with showing highlights from last weeks game becuase NEST does that. I think it's a problem with Tailgate showing and breaking down old film from previous games in the last year or so. I have no proof of that, just a theory!

Ohh and Felger is just horrible--even if i could get that show i wouldn't watch it. I saw the first one before they blacked it out; and Felger and Borges on the same show makes for nausia!:eek:

I got a BS non-answer from Directv and followed that up with an angry reply since it was clear they never even really read my first email and had sent a canned blackout related response.

Here's part of a better, more in depth response I got to that from DirecTV:
----------------------------------------
"Unfortunately, we can't predict or control the programming selection a particular channel chooses to air or blackout. While we continually work with our programming partners to improve your television entertainment experience, it helps us all if you also forward your feedback to the network. You can reach FSN New England at:"

FSN New England
10 Tower Office Park
Woburn, MA 01801
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So after emailing Fox, Directv and The Pats, I finally have an answer that pins the responsibility for this at the hands of FSN New England.

I suggest anyone who, like me, is an out of market area fan, write to FSN at the address above and complain. My opinion is that some yahoo at FSN who doesn't know jack probably made this decision without thinking it through.
Lets tell them what we think.

mtbykr said:
I dont' think it has anything to do with showing highlights from last weeks game becuase NEST does that. I think it's a problem with Tailgate showing and breaking down old film from previous games in the last year or so. I have no proof of that, just a theory!

NE Tailgate has shown and brokedown old film from previous games for years. Why is it such a big deal now? Other shows do this. I don't get it.

Agreed that Felger's show is pretty worthless, and even though Smerlas/DeOssie are a couple of clowns there are some worthwhile things about their show. It's been a part of my Patriots week ritual for years now. I miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST