PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I gotta give the Colts credit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slagathor said:
Even though they beat a lousy Texans team, when they smell blood in the water they never let up.

You gotta admit, if you stay focused even when winning and keep your foot on the accellerator, the opposition never gets a chance to nor the will to fight back....

as we saw today.

I don't give them crap. They yielded 24 points; over a hundred yards rushing; gave up 220 yards passing; and let Carr complete 22 of 26 for a QB rating of 140+.

In spite of an enmormous lead and many many rushing attempts they only compilledd 125 yards ruhing at a very poor ypc average.

The Colts have revealed while playing two games the following:

They can pass
but
They can't run

They can't stop the run
They can't stop the pass

This will lead to lots of run up the score headlines, but they have regressed from last season. How could they not when they lost a franchise runner, a starting Dt and astarting LB? They won't beat any iron when it counts...

Slagathor said:
Guys, this ain't Peyton Manning thing so stop sounding silly.

The whole "we've won super bowls because we're not like the Colts" thing is starting sound like a broken record. The point I'm mang has nothing to do with that.

It all has to do with convincingly putting away teams your supposed to.

a quote from Seymour today....

``To be the kind of team we want to be when we smell blood, we've got to finish [teams off]," Seymour lamented. ``We didn't finish on either side of the ball. We let them back in the game. We didn't seem to have a sense of urgency when we needed it. I'm not sure how good we'd be against a playoff-caliber team right now"

That's the EXACT point. They didn't put them away. They let them score 24 and go 22 for 26, while rushing for over a hundred yards. When you can't do anythting else to run the clock, I guess you play pass offense since that that is your only Johnny-One-Note.

But how dumb will it look if the QB or a receiver gets dinged?

AzPatsFan said:
That's the EXACT point. They didn't put them away. They let them score 24 and go 22 for 26, while rushing for over a hundred yards. When you can't do anythting else to run the clock, I guess you play pass offense since that that is your only Johnny-One-Note.

But how dumb will it look if the QB or a receiver gets dinged?

why do you talk about the game as if you actually know what happeded.

21 of houston's points and a large percentage of their stats came in the 4th quarter. this is the very same 4th quarter that saw the entire colts second string playing defense.

I don't care what the Colts did or did not do yesterday or the day before.

They are the same old Colts. Rack up big offensive numbers so the members of the media will gush all over them.

Who gives a sweet crap. When they get to the playoffs, if they gert to the playoffs, they will choke again.

God, I hate that team.:mad:

If this thread wasn't at the top of the board, I would have continued to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back