PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can't help it - I'm getting excited about Malcolm Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...Josh Boyce tends to do that for you.... lol

Seriously though, I'm already excited for Butler. We all saw how he balled in training camp and preseason last season and then proved it on the biggest stage. We all know he'll be a capable cornerback. how good remains to be seen!

I'm pretty sure he started against Miami in December.... and got burnt so bad by Wallace that he was benched by halftime. :)
Yep. He did. My bad. He started as the 3rd CB w/ Revis and Browner both starting.

I've been excited about Butler since last training camp!

I am ready to call the battle for the #1 CB spot over at this point. Butler has simply made the jump and will not be denied it. How good he will be remains to be seen but I think he will be solid and improve as the year goes on.

I am now wondering who wins the #2 spot. It is still wide open. Maybe Brown should get the nod but Ryan/Fletcher/Roberts are not ruled out as options this year. Particularly Ryan who has had a pretty good camp too.

Last edited:
@jeffphowe: Malcolm Butler had an INT plus 2 PBUs today. It was his best practice of camp.

Encouraging to hear he's continuing to build upon the solid foundation he's put together since the very start of camp. Gittin better everyday.

AV4_LED-Lights-3.jpg

Can't wait for all the trolls, chicken littles and contrarians to says how much he sucks if he gives up a few catches to Antonio Brown opening night.
He will and they will. :)

I cannot remember a player that Belichick has been more enamored with than Butler. As a rookie he started in place of Revis or opposite of Revis last preseason in all 4 games despite Browner, Dennard, Ryan, Arrington and others being on the roster. That indicates to me that there is tons of reason to be excited for this kid.

We are talking about a player who surpassed everyone not named Revis or Browner in his rookie season and then made the greatest defensive play in the history of the Super Bowl.

I think a 24 year old Butler is going to be a better CB than a 30 year old Revis and I don't care if you think I'm crazy for saying that.

Butler seems to be very in-sink does he not?
When you think about it how much of being a great player is confidence? That SB play is the type of play that can propel a player into greatness.

Butler's rise is like the CB version of Brady's rise, Brady showed up on the biggest stage and never looked back.

Asante's problem was that he didn't want to hit anyone.

I was more referring to Asante's non-interception in SB42 immediately prior to the Tyree play. The description of Malcolm's catch sounded eerily similar to when Asante failed to do the same.

There is always a "pump the brakes" guy in a feel good thread .. see mustang :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents