PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Huh? A majority of those living in Vermont and Connecticut believe Brady is not innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I'm sure there are a million and one flaws with this poll. Polls are as about imprecise and unreliable as you can get these days...but just for the sake of discussion, I'm curious what your reaction is to this finding (released 7/29/15)

Pats fans in New England, would there be any reason why CTers and Vermonters wouldn't be as pro-Brady as we would expect them to be? Would love to her any anecdotes if you have any

A survey sample of 3,065 spread across 50 states suggests to me that the results of the survey, if allocated proportional to the population of the states, are subject to significant skewing and are essentially meaningless. But I'm not a statistician.

released 7/29?

Before the transcripts were released and thus before all thinking people knew that Goodell was slimy lying scum.

A survey sample of 3,065 spread across 50 states suggests to me that the results of the survey, if allocated proportional to the population of the states, are subject to significant skewing and are essentially meaningless. But I'm not a statistician.
And 0% in Wyoming?

They probably couldn't even find anybody to vote in Wyoming!

I did my own impromptu survey of people I know.

1: Any football fan of any other NFL team thinks Brady is guilty.
2: Any member of the public that doesn't follow football but recognizes the name Tom Brady thinks he is guilty
3: All my friends and family who know I watch Patriots football think he is guilty except 1 friend a Pats fan who thinks there is a chance he might be guilty but generally think he is innocent.

For the record the other football fans were fans of the Vikings, Steelers, Jets and Cowboys.

It doesn't surprise me that people in the general area of where the Patriots play would think he is guilty. It seems that only die hard Patriots fans and a few members of the informed media and public think he is innocent. Most of the public formed their opinion during the initial weeks when it was being carried on the major news networks.

(Disclaimer: there was no actual survey but just a recollection of conversations I've had since deflategate story surfaced)

An average of 60 residents per state is hardly a reliable sample.. but there is conflicting information as they indicate the sample was 8K+.. this is an advertising company who polls its followers...

The company, which describes itself as "a provider of mobile loyalty and engagement solutions," queried some of its 30 million monthly active users for their thoughts on "Deflategate." SessionM says it received more than 8,000 responses and broke it down for Adweek on a state-by-state basis.

http://www.sessionm.com/

And 0% in Wyoming?

They probably couldn't even find anybody to vote in Wyoming!

Probably not as it was self reporting.. maybe they do not even care.

If you ask someone who hasn't looked into this issue in any depth (for example, read the Wells reports), of course Brady's guilty. After all, that's what ESPN says.

I live in CT and went to school in VT. I live in Fairfield County, CT, and this is a battlezone area of Pats, Jokes, and Vagiants fans sprinkled cowgirls fans. In VT, If you live on the border of NY/VT, they are usually Bills fans or fans of one of those garbage NJ teams!

WTF??? MORE folk in NY believe in Brady than do Vermonters!
Then again, there are some real wack jobs from VT.

Not to offend anyone, but thats why i moved outta Vermont decades ago and ended up south. Never looked back and dont miss the wack jobs there. And i grew up there, a good portion are in their very own special world. Plus alot of retired New Yorkers.....

Your opinion of guilt should be based on facts and not location.

Just saying.

"soooo we polled 60 people randomly per state, most of them don't follow football closely, and a lot of them said Brady is guilty! What do you know?"

A few issues with the survey. You can't really have an opinion on whether something happened. It's really just a guess, or a wish. There's either evidence Brady did it or there isn't. It's sort of like a survey on whether there is alien life or not. What value is there in a survey? The survey might as well been "Do you like Tom Brady?"

A better survey would be, do you think the NFL is handling this well. Preceded by a quiz of some events that happened to make sure the person filling it out is at least informed on the subject.

For instance, who reported 2lbs psi were missing from Patriots balls?
1) Schefter
2) Mortensen

This way we can see what % of people are reasonably informed and think the NFL is handling this well.

3,000 people does not a nationwide, state-by-state sample make.

CT is New York, they are not New England. Idk about Vermont...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back