• First Blue Moon

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pencilneckgeek

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I gotta think that they're going to test the defense at the first opportunity. You know teams will be focusing on the shallow stuff and middle of the field to limit Welker and Hernandez. I'm sure Brady wants to let everyone know that it's business as usual in New England.

I was thinking first or second play.

Edit: Actually, Ill say the first second and short.

Last edited:
I said this yesterday on the stretch the field thread but i think as soon as the Ravens move a safety up and Tate gets single coverage deep, Brady will throw in his direction

If nothing else it lets team know we have a deep threat and we'll use it

I voted first drive.

But the correct answer is not listed.

The first time he is open.

If that is the first play it will be the first play. If he is double covered every play of the first 4 games, it will be the fifth game.

Last edited:
Brady in shotgun 1 & 10 at the patriot 20, Brady drops back throws long and deep and its brandon tate a ONE handed catch! And he's going all the way great blocks down the field by deion branch and vincent jackson! :D

FYI - the last two answers are effectively the same.

The next full moon is on Oct 22, but the Patriots don't have a game on that day. They will likely be practicing, however, for the Chargers game.

The following full moon is on Nov. 21. the date of the Colts game. However, that is also the next blue moon.

ummm, whats a blue moon?

ummm, whats a blue moon?

There are actually two definitions.

First one.

Normally every season of the year has three full moons. In a season with four full moons, the the third full moon is called the blue moon. That will occur on Nov 21 of this year.

They are pretty rare, occuring once every three years or so. Hence the term "once in a blue moon"

The second definition.

The second full moon in a calender month. Those are also pretty rare. But the next one of those one occur until Aug 31 of 2012.

There are actually two definitions.

First one.

Normally every season of the year has three full moons. In a season with four full moons, the the third full moon is called the blue moon. That will occur on Nov 21 of this year.

They are pretty rare, occuring once every three years or so. Hence the term "once in a blue moon"

The second definition.

The second full moon in a calender month. Those are also pretty rare. But the next one of those one occur until Aug 31 of 2012.

Thanks for the astrology lesson, who knew I'd learn something non-football related on patsfans today! :D

There have been numerous reports of anonymous coaches and GM's around the league supposedly being absolutely giddy that the Pats traded away Moss. One thing they fail to realize is they don't know what they have coming at them now. How are the Pats going to attack them now. Long ball? dink and dunk? combination of both? who knows. Also, how are they going to line up their receivers. Can Tate catch the deep ball? How is Hernandez's role going to change? To these GM's and coaches: sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't know. Careful for what you wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft