PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How concerned are you about Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Let's face it, he is the best Tight End to ever play the game, but I am getting concerned about his injuries that he keeps suffering every year... how much longer do you see him play at a high level? Do you think the Pats keep him around after his contract expires?

Let's face it, he is the best Tight End to ever play the game, but I am getting concerned about his injuries that he keeps suffering every year... how much longer do you see him play at a high level? Do you think the Pats keep him around after his contract expires?

He will be a key part of the team in 2017 and that's the only thing relevant right now. No point in looking beyond the next season. Anyone suggesting that we might trade him this offseason should consider that there is no value in moving assets when they are worth the least. Especially if they have such a huge upside.

I'm not the least concerned he will live up to his name Yo Soy Fiesta, that he will lack for female company, that he will pile up catches when he is playing. But I'm not sure how anyone can say they are not just a little concerned about his health status over a long season. Is my memory correct that of the 3 SBs in the Gronk SB era he has, essentially, played in 1 (if memory serves me)?

The guy is tough as a piece of scrap metal. Toughness ain't his problem. But its not unreasonable to be a little concerned he has dealt with a couple of serious injuries in the last several years. Hopefully it's just bad fortune and the bad fortune is over -- it's clear sailing from here. But it is realistic to believe it is worth keeping a proverbial eye on.

I've already written him off. He will probably get injured at some point next year too. His family does not have a good relationship with Bill and Bill values availability over ability. Barring a career ending injury he will not finish with the Patriots.

We just won the Super Bowl without him. So not worried at all. Like I said, I have already moved on. I am mentally prepared for the trade that will inevitably happen when his cap hit goes up or he starts crying for a pay raise. We have watched Bill operate for too long. It's never about one guy. It's about the team.

Gronk is the best TE ever played. All of his injuries were unlucky and not repeating except for the back problem which we do not know much about. He should not come back this soon after Thomes' hit.

People say we just won the SB without him. We were a much much better team with him playing.

Unless he misses an another season with back injury, Gronk is still a Patriot.

Sure, we are better with him. That's not my point. My point is that we can win without him and that Bill is not going to invest a bunch of money on a player that is not dependable. That's not how Bill operates. Someday you are going to wake up and find out that Gronk got traded to the Chargers or Jaguars, some random irrelevant team. Probably for a bag of balls. You will be surprised. But you shouldn't be.

The Mankins trade didn't fetch us anything either. When Bill feels it's time to move on, he moves on. Do seriously not see the pattern here? How long have you been a Pats fan?

Does anyone has gif or short video of Belichink saying ************, and post it on this thread as answer?

Next year, since Gronk will be on the payroll anyway, and since he's probably doomed to never play 16+ games in a season again, and since we've proved that we can secure the AFC #1 seed without him, and since he's so valuable for the playoffs:

We should hold him out until the last 3 games of the regular season. That would give him time to get in game-sync with the offense, and then he'd be fully healthy for another playoff run.

This is a stupid suggestion, there's no way in hell any coach would ever do this, but it may be the only way for Gronk to ever play another playoff game.

Does anyone has gif or short video of Belichink saying ************, and post it on this thread as answer?

Close enough. :)

belichick4.0.jpg

Well I'll say this the only way Gronk gets a possible Patriot extension after his current contract is IF he finishes the next Two Seasons. What are the odds? I ain't taking any Bets.

The 2016 strategy seemed sound: have another great TE on the roster so you can destroy with the 2 TE set and if one goes down you can revert to having one good TE like every other team does.

Just got to make sure #2 is named Bennet and not Chandler. Oh, and doesn't murder people either.

Ah, the Stupid Season is upon us as we enter the desert between SB afterglow and Training Camp

That's not an argument. An intelligent person would be able to produce at least that much.

If they use him like they use Amendola. 0%. Use him in the big games, they don't need him to destroy SF/JAG....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes