PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honest Rex Ryan "Its over"

Rex is partially right. Every year has a beginning and an end.

The Patriots have the 12th ranked defense in ppg. The defense is devoid of playmakers, cannot pressure the quarterback, and is getting gashed to tune of 140 ypg on the ground. The defense is not good, but it is middle of the pack in ppg - which Coach Bill always says is THE most important stat. Think, for a moment, oh, Patsfans fanboys, what if Krafty Bob DID NOT bow to the media pressure last season and dump Antonio Brown? Would Brady (and Brown) still be on the Patriots?
All things being the same, except subtract Newton and put in Brady and subtract this Zuber fella and put in Brown...would the Patriots be averaging more than 19 ppg (good for 29th and 12 ppg over the last 4)?
Krafty Bob is main reason this team is where it is and he's the reason Rex Ryan is correct. Yes, Bill the GM's drafts have been absolutely piss poor at least over the last 4 years with ZERO impact players at any skill positions on either side of the ball, BUT, had Krafty Bob the social justice get out the vote warrior, just shown a spine and not grabbed the soap when the media mob came for Brown, we would have a MUCH different situation at Route One by Charlie Parker's Empty Parking Lots.
This team is bad, we're talking 3 or 4 win bad...but with Brady AND Antonio Brown they're at least a 10-6 team

Maybe

but we’d most definitely be a better team
We went 4-5 in Tom's last 9 games here in 2019. The team is worse. We have 5 of the next 9 on the road. We are looking a 4-12, 5-11. What does Tom get us w/o JE11 and a worse D in 2020?

Last edited:
The Patriots have the 12th ranked defense in ppg. The defense is devoid of playmakers, cannot pressure the quarterback, and is getting gashed to tune of 140 ypg on the ground. The defense is not good, but it is middle of the pack in ppg - which Coach Bill always says is THE most important stat. Think, for a moment, oh, Patsfans fanboys, what if Krafty Bob DID NOT bow to the media pressure last season and dump Antonio Brown? Would Brady (and Brown) still be on the Patriots?
All things being the same, except subtract Newton and put in Brady and subtract this Zuber fella and put in Brown...would the Patriots be averaging more than 19 ppg (good for 29th and 12 ppg over the last 4)?
Krafty Bob is main reason this team is where it is and he's the reason Rex Ryan is correct. Yes, Bill the GM's drafts have been absolutely piss poor at least over the last 4 years with ZERO impact players at any skill positions on either side of the ball, BUT, had Krafty Bob the social justice get out the vote warrior, just shown a spine and not grabbed the soap when the media mob came for Brown, we would have a MUCH different situation at Route One by Charlie Parker's Empty Parking Lots.
This team is bad, we're talking 3 or 4 win bad...
The defense has been compromised by all the offensive turnovers. Look no further than Tampa's defense this year vs last year. They were just as talented last year but not top 5 because Winston was a turnover machine.

He's more right than wrong, but was still sticking it to BB...remember he didn't come to the AFC East to "kiss his rings."

IMO, the Dynasty ended with the loss to Tennessee in January.
All that ended yesterday was the current season.

Has anyone mentioned how much worse our OL would be minus Thuney, who would’ve left in the offseason had we resigned TB?
Nope. Doesn't fit the narrative.

The dynasty as we know it was over whether we had Cam or TB. Poor drafting caught up to us. Cam<TB plus covid defections imo made a .500 ball club even weaker. The rebuild was going to happen no matter what. So the real question is would you rather start it now or continue mediocrity in TBs farewell years?

Regardless of how much better the Pats may or may not have been this year with Brady, it's mind-boggling to think about how this team seemed last year right after acquiring Antonio Brown vs. now. From a not-insane-to-project a perfect season to a "hard to know when they'll win another game" in a year.

We went 4-5 in Tom's last 9 games here in 2019. The team is worse. We have 5 of the next 9 on the road. We are looking a 4-12, 5-11. What does Tom get us w/o JE11 and a worse D in 2020?
Better than 4-12

Also something to ponder. Remember how Brady felt about this receiving core last year. He stop looking for the young guys last season....

Imagine how he would be this year...this ain't the "Doug Gabriel" or "Rache Caldwell" Tom Brady

Also something to ponder. Remember how Brady felt about this receiving core last year. He stop looking for the young guys last season....

Imagine how he would be this year...this ain't the "Doug Gabriel" or "Rache Caldwell" Tom Brady
Thats the narrative i'm not sure i've always bought into. There have been circumstances in which Tom has thrown it to rookie receivers (Deion Branch- 2002, Malcolm Mitchell -2016, JE -2009, Dobson and Tomkins in 2013 and AH, Gronk and Watson if you want to count TEs).

The thing is...the receivers that Tom chose not to throw to didn't exactly light the world on fire elsewhere.

Thats the narrative i'm not sure i've always bought into. There have been circumstances in which Tom has thrown it to rookie receivers (Deion Branch- 2002, Malcolm Mitchell -2016, JE -2009, Dobson and Tomkins in 2013 and AH, Gronk and Watson if you want to count TEs).

The thing is...the receivers that Tom chose not to throw to didn't exactly light the world on fire elsewhere.

No, but there has been evidence of Tom picking and choosing and "bailing" out on young receivers during their "learning curve"

Last year was glaring...Tom wants his wide outs to be at a certain spot at a certain time..over the years Tom had grown impatient with waiting on a "young" wide out to get that.

He did the same thing to kenbrell Thompkins that SB year. He bailed on him earlier in the year until he had to start trusting him later in the year.

No, but there has been evidence of Tom picking and choosing and "bailing" out on young receivers during their "learning curve"

Last year was glaring...Tom wants his wide outs to be at a certain spot at a certain time..over the years Tom had grown impatient with waiting on a "young" wide out to get that.
I think most fairly functional QBs do that. Hell Harry had 50+ snaps vs DEN and Cam threw to him only 3 times.

He did the same thing to kenbrell Thompkins that SB year. He bailed on him earlier in the year until he had to start trusting him later in the year.
Kembrell was off the 2014 team by Columbus Day.

I think most fairly functional QBs do that. Hell Harry had 50+ snaps vs DEN and Cam threw to him only 3 times.

Kembrell was off the 2014 team by Columbus Day.
Yes all QB have their targets...and i am not faulting TB for that...but that was a legit "quirk" TB had and stuff like that did effect the offense...

And for thompkins I am talking soley that SB year. He was affective in the comeback against the falcons...

He got injuired and was never able to get himself back on the field and utilmately had to call it quits

I thought it was over for the Jets back in 2010 after we beat them 45-3 a few weeks before....

I thought it was over down 28-3 in Houston...

Nothing is over until we are mathematically eliminated. I have watched enough pro football to know that.

Yes all QB have their targets...and i am not faulting TB for that...but that was a legit "quirk" TB had and stuff like that did effect the offense...
Tom tended to lock into Welk, JE, Gronk, Troy and Deion.
And for thompkins I am talking soley that SB year. He was affective in the comeback against the falcons...

He got injuired and was never able to get himself back on the field and utilmately had to call it quits
He played very well for a rook in 2013 but was not on the 2014 SB team after Sept. He was not getting a lot of targets with JE, Gronk, DA or LaFell there.

Dude- Kembrell was a journeyman UFA until he busted up he knee vs us. Not a world-beater

I thought it was over for the Jets back in 2010 after we beat them 45-3 a few weeks before....

I thought it was over down 28-3 in Houston...

Nothing is over until we are mathematically eliminated. I have watched enough pro football to know that.
Dude- this is not the 1994 Pats.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back