PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guts

Akatsuki
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just a quick question on Hernandez...was he injured last year against the Jets in the playoffs? I've been reading about that when the Patriots loss that Hernandez wasn't 100%. Just wondering because I see him as pretty much the x factor of the offense.

It was his first game back from injury, he pulled his hamstring against GB I believe. Whether he was hurt or not, none of us know, but a lot of people do like to use it as an excuse.

Last edited:
Remember how many pass routes Alge Crumpler ran that game, and his killer drop in the end zone? A healthy Hernandez was badly missed.

Last edited:
I believe he injured his hip in the GB game whilst scoring his TD.

I hope they figure a way to keep and and Gronk.

Not having him there was a huge loss for sure. Keep in mind Gronk was also just a rookie. I think protection was week in their last three losses. One way to improve it is quick passes to Welker, Gronk and Hernandez! Last yr. it was Welker and Gronk and Gronk was still a rookie.

He was looking slow at one point this year too when he had that injury. Glad he is at 100% right now, he's been a major factor in getting the offense going after those slow starts.

Plus he also can run reverses and stuff...very usable and flexible player.

Remember how many pass routes Alge Crumpler ran that game, and his killer drop in the end zone? A healthy Hernandez was badly missed.

Hernandez has had some bad drops and fumbles this year, although he has cleaned it up nicely the last few games.

Denver won't be able to take out everyone. Last game they took Gronk out of the game. I see Denver doing more of the same and try to take out Welker and Gronk. I see another coming out party for Hernandez.

Hernandez will have the most yardage of all the WRs in this game.....thats my prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes