PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hasselbeck out "couple weeks"...prelilminary report

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like the gametime report, I don't think it's anything real new.

WEEI just reported that the results of his MRI indicated a grade 2 MCL sprain and the prognosis is out 2 to 4 weeks. Holley said realistically it should go to the long end of that estimate if they don't want to rush him back and risk re-injury. But as desperate as Holmgren looks, and as emotional as Hasselbeck is, I figure they will try to push it. They are so determined not to end up with that 9-7 post losing the Superbowl kind of record. Same panic dinged determination that led them to trade a 1st for and sign that HOF WR...

with that schedule, hasselbeck could miss all 4 games and they'd still win 10 games.

It's a pretty soft schedule. I would expect @KC to be a L and StL has a score to settle from their earlier close home loss. The other two Seneca may be able to handle, especially if he gets their all world RB back. I just hope they let Matt heal up and then knock off the rust at home against GB so they can give Denver a game in Denver.

That pick is definitely not gonna be 30 something, and it could be heading for no worse than the mid 20's. 11-5 is about the best they can hope for if Wallace splits the next 4 and Matt goes 5-1 down the stretch, but it should still win that division.

The Pats should keep a log of each player that leaves NE and what he did and what his new team did after they got a few more bucks else where.

I could see it now:

Player: What get that insult of an offer out of my face!

Pioli: It's not an insult it is fair market value

Player: My @ss

Pioli: It is look here is a list of the salary's of the top 25 players at your position you come in (insert position). We believe it is fair.

Oh, by the way here is a list of the success every other player that left has had with their new team.

Player: You know now that you mention it I think that is a great salary. Can you throw in some grocery money though; I need to feed my family.

Last edited:
How the hell do you get to the superbowl and end up with a cupcake schedule like that the next year??

I only see 3 possible losses for them in their final 10 games. Those being Denver, San Diego, and Tampa Bay.

Well hopefully they will find a way to lose a few more. This year the Madden curse is in effect anyways so we'll see!

kurtinelson said:
Here's a look at Seattle's Schedule. Next week in KC could a challenge with Seneca Wallace at the helm.

at Detroit W 9-6
Arizona W 21-10
New York Giants W 42-30
at Chicago L 37-6
at St. Louis W 30-28
Minnesota L 31-13
at Kansas City LOSS
Oakland WIN
St Louis LOSS
at San Francisco WIN
Green Bay WIN
at Denver LOSS
at Arizona WIN
San Francisco WIN
San Diego WINN
at Tampa Bay LOSS

Say hello to the 20-21st pick in the draft!!!!!!!! 2006 Seahawks 10-6

Last edited:
I would never wish an inury on any athlete, but.......achem.... I guess it will be interesting to see which of the 'elite' teams out there are able to overcome the injury bug as well as the Patriots have in recent years. Personally I'm impressed with KC and Damon Huard beating SD yesterday. Probably just a flash in the pan, but basically, anything can happen with any of the teams that were expected to be among the elite teams in the league this year.

It's most likely that Seattle wins the division and make the playoffs, but it's not inconceivable that they miss the playoffs and we score a decent draft pick. I definitely don't think they are the same dominant team they are this year as they were last year.

St louis could very well take the next game from them. Both teams are currently 4-2. If KC is all they appear to be in beating SD, and Tampa Bay considers their upward trend, 10-6 is not out of the question for Seattle. I still think AFC has dominance over the NFC, so here is my hope for Seattle coming down to earth and other teams that are perceived to be soft stepping up:

at Detroit W 9-6
Arizona W 21-10
New York Giants W 42-30
at Chicago L 37-6
at St. Louis W 30-28
Minnesota L 31-13

PROJECTED ( ? )
at Kansas City L
Oakland W
St Louis L
at San Francisco W
Green Bay W
at Denver L
at Arizona W
San Francisco W
San Diego L
at Tampa Bay L

Final record 10-6. So, our next hope should be for St louis to get on fire and beat out St Louis for the division. Here is how St. Louis finishes with an 11-5 record and knocks Seattle out of the playoffs:

@ Chargers L
Chiefs W
@ Seahawks W
@ Panthers L
49ers W
Cardinals W
Bears W ( yes, I am predicting a win over the bears)
@ Raiders L
Washington W
@ Minnesota W

GO ST LOUIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't blindly assume the Seahawks will win against bad teams without Hasselbeck. Alexander was struggling and their defense has been average at best. 2-4 weeks gives us a good chance at a pick in the 18-23 range which is better than I expected when we made the deal.

I've gotta think that the further we get from the date that Branch was traded, the less approval we'll see from Seahawks fans when asked about the trade. The initial reaction was mostly positive, but I think hindsight is already rearing it's ugly head for them.

The Gr8est said:
I've gotta think that the further we get from the date that Branch was traded, the less approval we'll see from Seahawks fans when asked about the trade. The initial reaction was mostly positive, but I think hindsight is already rearing it's ugly head for them.
I don't understand why you'd say that, with the possible exception of those fans with unrealistic expectations (and we've seen a lot of them here recently regarding the Patriots receivers) who you pretty much have to ignore anyway.

Branch has been the Seahawks' second best receiver each of the past three games. With Hasselback out the passing game will probably suffer but fans won't be blaming Branch. There's no real cap downside because of him this season, and everything he does is a bonus. So barring a lingering injury, I can't see hindsight concerning the trade kicking in until the offseason at the earliest. Remember that just two years ago their #1 was Koren Robinson, their expectations aren't necessarily very high.

D-cleater said:
I would never wish an inury on any athlete, but.......achem.... I guess it will be interesting to see which of the 'elite' teams out there are able to overcome the injury bug as well as the Patriots have in recent years. Personally I'm impressed with KC and Damon Huard beating SD yesterday. Probably just a flash in the pan, but basically, anything can happen with any of the teams that were expected to be among the elite teams in the league this year.

It's most likely that Seattle wins the division and make the playoffs, but it's not inconceivable that they miss the playoffs and we score a decent draft pick. I definitely don't think they are the same dominant team they are this year as they were last year.

St louis could very well take the next game from them. Both teams are currently 4-2. If KC is all they appear to be in beating SD, and Tampa Bay considers their upward trend, 10-6 is not out of the question for Seattle. I still think AFC has dominance over the NFC, so here is my hope for Seattle coming down to earth and other teams that are perceived to be soft stepping up:

at Detroit W 9-6
Arizona W 21-10
New York Giants W 42-30
at Chicago L 37-6
at St. Louis W 30-28
Minnesota L 31-13

PROJECTED ( ? )
at Kansas City L
Oakland W
St Louis L
at San Francisco W
Green Bay W
at Denver L
at Arizona W
San Francisco W
San Diego L
at Tampa Bay L

Final record 10-6. So, our next hope should be for St louis to get on fire and beat out St Louis for the division. Here is how St. Louis finishes with an 11-5 record and knocks Seattle out of the playoffs:

@ Chargers L
Chiefs W
@ Seahawks W
@ Panthers L
49ers W
Cardinals W
Bears W ( yes, I am predicting a win over the bears)
@ Raiders L
Washington W
@ Minnesota W

GO ST LOUIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope Seneca Wallace sucks and Seattle loses to Oakland and San Fran and Greenbay too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick