PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone heard the quote from Freeney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartmen

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
When asked if sacking the QB would be an essential part of the game, he was quoted as saying: "The more commercials the QB is in the sweeer the sack" I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Does he realize who he plays with???? what a moron :rofl:

When asked if sacking the QB would be an essential part of the game, he was quoted as saying: "The more commercials the QB is in the sweeer the sack" I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Does he realize who he plays with???? what a moron :rofl:

I heard that too! I laughed my butt off. He must be talking about practicing against Manning. I can't scrape Manning off of my TV.

That sounds like a shot at Peyton :eek:

Either he was trying to be funny about Peyton or he is extremely dumb.

i hope (plz let me be right) that hes talking funny about manning

What's he going to do....sack his own teammate?

It is in reference to Manning, poking some fun at his teammate.

I gotta believe Brady's teammates have had some fun at his expense over those Stetson ads?

Last edited:

I gotta believe Brady's teammates have had some fun at his expense over those Stetson ads?

Please, we don't like to be reminded of those ads

Please, we don't like to be reminded of those ads

I had to work that in some way, at some point. :) You can't really make fun of the guy for dating supermodels and winning Superbowl MVPs. The Stetson thing was really the only card I had to play. :D

Other than the Visa one, was Brady ever in a television commercial?

Freeney takes a shot at Peyton every chance he gets because he is forbiden to touch him during practice. When the Colts were going to play the giants in the home opener last year Freeney kept salivating at the chance to hit a Manning because he never gets to hit ours in practice.

Freeney hates QBs. Thinks they get too much respect and are coddled way too much by the league. Needless to say, it's a love-hate relationship w/ Peyton. Though i'm sure he was joking.

Last edited:
I heard that too! I laughed my butt off. He must be talking about practicing against Manning. I can't scrape Manning off of my TV.

Yes, I took his quote to mean that he is going to enjoy Manning being sacked by Pats D more than Indy sacking Brady :)

Freeney was interview on ESPN radio earlier this week and he was very articulate and also gave a Patriot-esque interview saying it was this weeks game, etc and gave mad props to Matt Light.

I have to believe he was poking fun at Manning.

I had to work that in some way, at some point. :) You can't really make fun of the guy for dating supermodels and winning Superbowl MVPs. The Stetson thing was really the only card I had to play. :D

The picture with him holding the lamb is very very sad !! Isn't that the one Koppen printed out and taped to his back during practice so Brady would have to look at it everytime he stood over center?

The picture with him holding the lamb is very very sad !! Isn't that the one Koppen printed out and taped to his back during practice so Brady would have to look at it everytime he stood over center?

LOL are you serious, now that is very clever. I wonder if its a Center/Quarterback thing, Jeff Saturday is always giving Manning grief over his commercials on Local radio. That is hilarious, though!!

You are correct on both accounts. Nothing wrong with poking fun at Brady. He definately walks to the beat of his own drums...or however that saying goes!:rolleyes:

LOL are you serious, now that is very clever. I wonder if its a Center/Quarterback thing, Jeff Saturday is always giving Manning grief over his commercials on Local radio. That is hilarious, though!!

Yes, he's serious. Brady practically fell to the ground laughing. He also gives as good as he gets, keeping the atmosphere light at times in the locker room, ie, he had some of the big guys remove all the tires on Matt C's car and stacked three of them in front of his locker,the kid had to walk home as Brady made him look for his forth tire!
What I thought was really cool, was Brady insisting that he wouldn't do the Visa commercial unless it involved his O line. Thus the "layers of protection" ad that Hochstein stole the show in uttering his famous line "why can't I be the director" IIRC. This may have been the same deal with the Sirus ad that included his "favorite" receivers Givens,Branch and Brown. Nice to see Brady taking care of his boys off the field.

Ahhhh....what's not clear here? Any defender would feel the same way. If he gets traded tomorrow and were playing the Colts the following week, he'd feel that way about Peyton.

You Pats fans are just overly sensitive to anything other teams say.

Now if he said Brady's is a wuss because of all his commercial, now THAT would be a moronic statement.

Ahhhh....what's not clear here? Any defender would feel the same way. If he gets traded tomorrow and were playing the Colts the following week, he'd feel that way about Peyton.

You Pats fans are just overly sensitive to anything other teams say.

Now if he said Brady's is a wuss because of all his commercial, now THAT would be a moronic statement.

OF COURSE!:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes