PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard Knocks Ratings Way Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to watch sports or sports programming right now. The only game I've been able to watch in full with interest so far is the Bruins game yesterday, and that's because I love the Bruins and the game actually meant something. Haven't been able to watch the Celts or Sox. I think we're all finding out that even watching on TV, things like home field, the excitement of the crowd, and the "game day experience!" all add to the pleasure of watching. Now everything just looks like an exhibition game and reminds us we are still stuck in this nightmare of a pandemic.

train-wreck.jpg

If pointing out hypocrisy is "owning the libs" well... those are your words, not mine.
Because I think they are tremendous hypocrites who are concerned with nothing more than their own financial bottom line. You lose a lot of moral authority to speak out about injustice when you are also making millions and millions of dollars from modern day slavery.
Well they don't quite make quite as much money now as they used to, do they?
I think it's bizarre that you think it's bizarre.
I guess im just confused as to why you are pointing out NBA players. This thread wasnt about the NBA and its not like the NFL isnt making its stuff in China using imprisoned Uyghurs, seems like you are just mad that they are pointing out something that they don't want to acknowledge. Do you think Devin McCourty and other patriots players who protested against police brutality are also hypocrites?

I guess im just confused as to why you are pointing out NBA players. This thread wasnt about the NBA and its not like the NFL isnt making its stuff in China using imprisoned Uyghurs, seems like you are just mad that they are pointing out something that they don't want to acknowledge. Do you think Devin McCourty and other patriots players who protested against police brutality are also hypocrites?
The person to whom I was originally responded was discussing NBA players, and I was responding to a point on those lines. If you want to know why NBA players were brought into this thread, you’ll have to ask him (although he wasn’t the one who first brought NBA players into the thread, so you may have to backtrack a bit further).

As for NFL players, I think there is less hypocrisy there since they spend far less time kowtowing to China. The NFL seems to me to be less politically minded than the NBA, albeit they have not yet played any games this summer so I certainly reserve the right to reevaluate that position.

Go look at the body cam of the Floyd arrest that wasn't released to the public until a week or so ago. Check his autopsy results. He had so much fentanyl in his system that he could have OD'd in a short time. Check the symptoms of the drug, seriously...he was saying I can't breathe when the cops tried to put him in the back seat. Check out the pitcher for the Angels that died from fentanyl and the guy being prosecuted for selling it to him.
I'm not excusing what the cop did but with all the details coming out there is no way the cop will get convicted for 2nd degree murder. All these riots could have been avoided if the prosecutor didn't block the release of the body cam footage. This was all premeditated by politics. Get a clue.
And no, most of these young athletes have had a good ride since middle of high school or whenever recruiting starts. I don't want to hear how bad they have it. I know there's social injustice in the country but it's also in other countries yet no one opposes them (China) because Lebum has a $1B deal with them and Nike. So F*ck off with that shet. You can kneel all you want. It's a choice but don't cry over the consequences..not directed at you but at the "protesters" in general.

I don't think "most" young athletes have a good ride; that's quite a large generalization to make. But let's suppose it's true for a moment - only those struggling have the right to protest? If your life is otherwise comfortable, you have no right to petition the government for change? I don't understand that line of thinking.

And in that post there was no discussion of the actual event that occurred and led to the protests: An employee of the state kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed citizen who repeatedly said he could not breath.

I'd be concerned if folks watched that video and didn't protest.

Can we keep that **** in the pofo area with respect? Or even go to another forum where there's more than 10 people recycling the same trash talking points?

Too funny because it is so true. Remember when we were kids and would say, "I know you are but what am I" over and over again?

Haven't watched every episode of every Hard Knocks series (or ANY from the Tubby Wrex year), but a couple of recent memorable moments:
John Gruden during team meetings having players knock on wood repeatedly...Does that school-age sh!t really work?
And the episode during the Tampa year when Bobby Aguayo was called into the GM's office to be told that he was being waived...The look on the HC's face throughout the entire process was priceless...How the FECK does Jason Light still have a job??

This post is basically the reason that players kneel.

Kaepernick: *takes a knee*

NFL fans: "hey what the f*ck, why are you kneeling? there are other ways to protest. you don't have it so bad anyway"

George Floyd: *murdered by a literal knee to the neck*

NFL and NBA players: "so that Floyd thing was really terrible, this stuff keeps happening, this is why we kneeled in the first place. so, we're gonna continue to kneel"

NFL and NBA fans: "hey what the f*ck, why are you kneeling? there are other ways to protest. you don't have it so bad anyway"
George Flloyd died 1.5 hours after the cop used a knee restraint on him...read the autopsy

I haven't cared for the show for a long time because people put on a different face when the cameras are rolling.

My guess is folks want more football, less social justice virtue signaling, less China plague hysteria, in their NFL and sports programming
This got 20 up votes? Yikes.

Hard Knocks ratings are low because it has sucked for years now.

Honestly I don't even know how my own team is doing in training camp? Have we even hit the field yet?

I’m not surprised Hard Knocks is having trouble. I had trouble getting my 12 man fantasy league back together this year after 5 years running strong. There seems to be Covid burnout happening and a good amount of people who don’t believe the NFL will have a full 16 game season. I’d assume viewers are passing because they don’t want to get invested before the season starts. Plus the marketing was trash and HBO gates off a lot of viewers.

George Flloyd died 1.5 hours after the cop used a knee restraint on him...read the autopsy

Johnny shot Bennie.

Bennie was pronounced brain dead and put on life support for two months before he passed away.

Therefore, Johnny couldn’t have killed Bennie.

I never watched that show to begin with... lol

Which autopsy are you talking about...

Surely not the one by Hennepin County that stated:

Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression
Manner of death: Homicide

How injury occurred: Decedent experienced a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer(s)

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/MNHENNE/2020/06/01/file_attachments/1464238/2020-3700 Floyd, George Perry Update 6.1.2020.pdf

This got 20 up votes? Yikes.

Hard Knocks ratings are low because it has sucked for years now.
A certain segment of America will Eat **** if its the libs have to smell their breath. They have made wearing masks a political issue, They will literally take any opportunity to make something a culture war issue

A certain segment of America will Eat **** if its the libs have to smell their breath. They have made wearing masks a political issue, They will literally take any opportunity to make something a culture war issue
Completely and totally opposite of who really does, but thanks for playing and be sure to pick up your month's supply of sh!t sandwiches on the way out...

Which autopsy are you talking about...

Surely not the one by Hennepin County that stated:

Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression
Manner of death: Homicide

How injury occurred: Decedent experienced a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer(s)

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/MNHENNE/2020/06/01/file_attachments/1464238/2020-3700 Floyd, George Perry Update 6.1.2020.pdf
and drugs he was taking didn't help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots