Reaction score
b. 3/19/38
th
th
th
th
th
th

His time here was a mess, but Kapp is a member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame, the BC Lions Wall of Fame, the College Football Hall of Fame, and the University of California Athletic Hall of Fame. Kapp's #22 jersey is one of eight numbers retired by the Lions.[1] In November 2006, Kapp was voted to the Honour Roll of the CFL's top 50 players of the league's modern era by Canadian sports network TSN.[2] Sports Illustrated once called him "The Toughest Chicano."[3] Kapp is the only player to quarterback in the Super Bowl, Rose Bowl, and the Grey Cup.

Kapp played college football at the University of California, Berkeley, where he led the California Golden Bears to a Pacific Coast Conference championship in 1958 and the 1959 Rose Bowl, where they lost to Iowa. This remains California's most recent Rose Bowl appearance.

Kapp was the coach during The Play, the famous five-lateral kickoff return by the Cal team to score the winning touchdown on the final play of the 1982 Big Game against archrival Stanford and crybaby loser John Elway.

We might suggest that he began his acting career here playing quarterback, but in the 1970's and early 1980's, Kapp appeared in several television programs as well as theatrical film titles. In most cases, the character roles were minor. Programs included Adam-12, Emergency!, Police Woman and Medical Center. Movies included Two-Minute Warning, Breakheart Pass, The Frisco Kid,The Longest Yard, and Semi-Tough [if you've never read the book, do].

th
th
"It...is where it's at!"

Joe had a few good years with Bud Grant and the Vikings prior to the disaster in NE.

HE took the Vikings to the 1970 SB where they lost to the Chiefs. 13-1 reg season record that year.

He was a tough sonuvabee, but had a terrible arm. The only worse thrower I've seen on an NFL field was Tebow and it was close.

b. 3/19/38
th
th
th
th
th
th

His time here was a mess, but Kapp is a member of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame, the BC Lions Wall of Fame, the College Football Hall of Fame, and the University of California Athletic Hall of Fame. Kapp's #22 jersey is one of eight numbers retired by the Lions.[1] In November 2006, Kapp was voted to the Honour Roll of the CFL's top 50 players of the league's modern era by Canadian sports network TSN.[2] Sports Illustrated once called him "The Toughest Chicano."[3] Kapp is the only player to quarterback in the Super Bowl, Rose Bowl, and the Grey Cup.

Kapp played college football at the University of California, Berkeley, where he led the California Golden Bears to a Pacific Coast Conference championship in 1958 and the 1959 Rose Bowl, where they lost to Iowa. This remains California's most recent Rose Bowl appearance.

Kapp was the coach during The Play, the famous five-lateral kickoff return by the Cal team to score the winning touchdown on the final play of the 1982 Big Game against archrival Stanford and crybaby loser John Elway.

We might suggest that he began his acting career here playing quarterback, but in the 1970's and early 1980's, Kapp appeared in several television programs as well as theatrical film titles. In most cases, the character roles were minor. Programs included Adam-12, Emergency!, Police Woman and Medical Center. Movies included Two-Minute Warning, Breakheart Pass, The Frisco Kid,The Longest Yard, and Semi-Tough [if you've never read the book, do].

th
th
"It...is where it's at!"
I remember Kapp was in a police movie in the late 70s. I had to look it up on IMDB, but it was The Choirboys. I remember him in a scene where one of the cops pulled off half of his mustache. Then Kapp put an ass-whipping on the cop. Funny as hell that scene was, especially when Kapp realized half his mustache was gone!!

Joe had a few good years with Bud Grant and the Vikings prior to the disaster in NE.

HE took the Vikings to the 1970 SB where they lost to the Chiefs. 13-1 reg season record that year.
There was another discussion a while back on the worst Patriots QBs. I remember Kapp's name came up. Another board member reminded me of the horrific beating the Chiefs put on Kapp that Super Bowl.

When he got signed I figured it was going to be all gravy. I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News