PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Handy 300-player cheat sheet

Thanks for the find; looks like it's up-to-date compared to CBS's rankings.

Agreed - thanks for the find. My only comment is that it'll only help us with 6 of the 9 players the Pats wind up drafting; we'll have to do more research to find out about the other 3 guys.... :)

Agreed - thanks for the find. My only comment is that it'll only help us with 6 of the 9 players the Pats wind up drafting; we'll have to do more research to find out about the other 3 guys.... :)

It's pretty amazing to think that at this time last year, Malcolm Butler would not have cracked such a list.

It could make a good contest for hard-core draftniks: what player NOT on that list do you think will end up on an NFL roster? LS Joe Cardona is one likely possibility.

It's pretty amazing to think that at this time last year, Malcolm Butler would not have cracked such a list.

It could make a good contest for hard-core draftniks: what player NOT on that list do you think will end up on an NFL roster? LS Joe Cardona is one likely possibility.

What is the score with Cardona? Doesn't he have to spend two years with the Navy?

That's easy. Cassius Sendish FTW. By the by, Quayshawne Buckley? Very interesting late round prospect. Explosive and athletic 300lb plus DT.

What is the score with Cardona? Doesn't he have to spend two years with the Navy?
5 I beleave it is, but if draftet then he and Patriots can ask if he can do it after end football career. But I do beleave he'll have to get draftet for that to happend.

CBS has Terry Williams of East Carolina as #612 on the prospect list

The Gambrell guy that NFL.com had us taking isn't on here, so that may be one, although it seems he might be more of a PS guy.

Thanks Patchick. I'll add it my other must have material alongside my 2015 Rutgers roster.
Don't forget your Navy roster. We might draft their long-snapper (as pc noted in an earlier post).

For your amusement. Tallies position by position of this top 300...

Pats needs...
CB 34
DT 25
DE 25
OT 25
OG 16

Possibly..
RB 25

For reference
QB 12
FB 8
FS 12
SS 12
WR 38
OLB 27
ILB 13

Not to forget
TE 16

And of course, finally
Rutgers 1 (TE)

So, not sure if it was planned or not, but I'd wager BB was well aware of it ahead of time. The draft is extremely heavy (% wise) at the same positions NE has direct need for. I'm actually pretty excited now that I see this. So, like ripened apples dropping from a tree, we should get a good chance at some quality players just by snatching at the juiciest of many that roll in our direction.

Last edited:
Good news -- through 3 rounds, all 3 picks are on the list! Richards at 195, Grissom at 212. Belichick clearly isn't trying hard enough yet! :)

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back