PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady has not been doing a better job of protecting his guys. I know we were desperate but he could have gone to someone else there or thrown the ball away.
But I know there is the CTE craze right now but I am sure glad Church did not go for his knees. The guy has suffered enough.

Why are you blaming Brady for Gronk getting hurt. You should blame the guy hitting him in the helmet. Gronk is huge, don’t tell me the defender can’t hit between the head and the knees, that’s about a three foot space on Gronk.

I am just speechless how something like that is not called as an ejection in this day and age. Dirty and unacceptable.

Goodell is a loser.
It was not dirty. It is a penalty by the rules but defenders should not let players make catches that easy. This was a bang bang play. I can see from his point of view that he tried to lead with his shoulder, it was the side of their heads that collided. If he lead with his head, it would have been much worse.
I partly blame Brady for the hit as well. I take pride in Brady's ability to protect his receivers, something Manning was terrible at doing. But when Brady sense the team is in trouble, he sometimes throw risky passes a bit like Superbowl Kam hit on Edelman.

It was not dirty. It is a penalty by the rules but defenders should not let players make catches that easy. This was a bang bang play. I can see from his point of view that he tried to lead with his shoulder, it was the side of their heads that collided. If he lead with his head, it would have been much worse.
I partly blame Brady for the hit as well. I take pride in Brady's ability to protect his receivers, something Manning was terrible at doing. But when Brady sense the team is in trouble, he sometimes throw risky passes a bit like Superbowl Kam hit on Edelman.

Dude, I really don't want to see Brandon Meriweather go helmet to helmet against a Ravens TE in 2009 and see that as being used as an example of what not to do against a defenseless receiver, where it happens to our TE, and no one says anything on the broadcast or acts like its normal with CTE lawsuits all over Goodell's desk.'

It was dirty and intentional period and a big reason why Gronk snapped on Tredevious WHite earlier this year.

One set of rules for 31 NFL teams, one special set for the Pats.

Been going on for years.

I expect over the next two weeks,
it will dawn on Gronk that the strike by Church was intentional.

I hope it makes him meaner than usual.
It should.

Jags tried to punk the Pats

That requires a moment.

Acted like it was some idiot street fight,
to the final kneel.
Postgame, I expected reference to this by the coach.
It was his failure.
Young team, coach had no control over thm
so he tried his best to joke, keep to it loose.
Best of a bad situation at that point, too late.

Jags Lost discipline, lost focus, mental mistakes.
Stupid penalties.

Reminds me, this was not Tom C's team.
If they do it his way next year?
They will be back.

If not, I would expect them to come apart like Seattle.

Dude, I really don't want to see Brandon Meriweather go helmet to helmet against a Ravens TE in 2009 and see that as being used as an example of what not to do against a defenseless receiver, where it happens to our TE, and no one says anything on the broadcast or acts like its normal with CTE lawsuits all over Goodell's desk.'

It was dirty and intentional period and a big reason why Gronk snapped on Tredevious WHite earlier this year.

One set of rules for 31 NFL teams, one special set for the Pats.

Been going on for years.
I disagree that it was a dirty hit, I think Gronk head came into contact with Church's head.
luffeuohhhvqykoimp8n.jpg

gronk-questionable-to-return-to-afc-championship-after-1822281120
Based on how he tried to dislodge the ball with his shoulder.

Jags plan to contain gronk:

Option 1: you two, double-team him.
Option 2: if option 1 fails, give him a shot to the head and take him out of the game.

I disagree that it was a dirty hit, I think Gronk head came into contact with Church's head.
luffeuohhhvqykoimp8n.jpg

gronk-questionable-to-return-to-afc-championship-after-1822281120
Based on how he tried to dislodge the ball with his shoulder.

Dude, are you kidding me here? Remember Brandon Browner's textbook dislodging of Green, the TE from SD in late 2014 on that McCourty Pick 6 that was stolen from us?

It was a shoulder to shoulder and penalized. This one, in no way, shape or form, with 5,000 sneaky photo stills you try to do, is a clean hit. He targets the head from a ways away. Clearly, you never played sports. A shoulder into Gronk's chest or shoulder is the play there.

Dude, are you kidding me here? Remember Brandon Browner's textbook dislodging of Green, the TE from SD in late 2014 on that McCourty Pick 6 that was stolen from us?

It was a shoulder to shoulder and penalized. This one, in no way, shape or form, with 5,000 sneaky photo stills you try to do, is a clean hit. He targets the head from a ways away. Clearly, you never played sports. A shoulder into Gronk's chest or shoulder is the play there.
I just disagree and I see something different from what you see. I played Linebacker at Texas A&M by the way.

How do you tell if Gronk has a concussion?

Will anyone ask Church
Was there a bounty, or was it just the strategy?
"Somebody has to take out Gronk"

Florio will
NFL doubletalk about player safety has gotten old.

The nonsense in the EZ after the Pats early run TD?
Hitting guys who are already OOB?
NFL Today.

Refs did not control it
Unless this is what the league wants?
Probably what Vegas wanted, needed.

Are those the same thing?
Hard to tell anymore.
I am tired of random officiating though.

Will anyone ask Church

The nonsense in the EZ after the Pats early run TD?
Hitting guys who are already OOB?
NFL Today.

That is a interesting take by you. I thought it was excessive by Jack there, but reading what you wrote now puts things into perspective about some of the things they were trying to do. Did you see how Jack tried to Drive Brady to the ground? But Brady with the experience and body strength wiggled his body and landed on his back vice his shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes