PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a feeling we’d be hearing this news. :(

Best place to finish your career. A champion.

Thank you Gronk. All the best.

Has Jared Cook officially signed yet?

He could have been the GOAT if he hung around for another five years to pad the stats and SB.
For sure. Great career, though.

It was an honor and a privilege to watch him play. I have a lot of respect for any decision he makes. Best of luck to him over the rest of his life.

He is way smarter than his image suggests and my guess is he’ll put that to good use.

Personally, I believe might have bid more for James, and maybe others, if Gronk has retired before free agency started. But, perhaps, Belichick didn't like ANYONE that was available, or he has had preliminary trade discussions.

I repeat my suggestion that we trade a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to move up for Hockenson. I suspect that we will have made a trade by then.

I'd be willing to bet that he's been in communication with the team, and that they had a general sense of where he was. If he was trying to get his body ready and he just couldn't get there, then it's hard to fault him for that IMO.

And even if none of that is true and he blindsided the team, then whatever - he's given the organization enough that any criticism of this decision is inherently misplaced IMO.

Congrats to Gronk, goes out on his terms, a champion. Good for us, as fans, we never have to watch him decline.

Not surprised.

Ok, Bill, big shoes to fill.

Awww man. Tearin up over here. But not suprised or unprepared

How many non QB's are difference makers to winning a championship to the degree Gronk was?

Not many.

$9M more cap. Could have used it a couple weeks ago.

Now I kinda wish they kept Dwayne Allen... At least he was an excellent blocker. That TE group just looks so bad... I mean, at least 3 of them are good enough to have a small chance of a “breakout” but you can’t count on it. Combine them with the WR group and it the offense feels like a massive question mark right now.

So it’ll be when? Late September when the “Gronk to return?” rumors kick up?

Shouldn't have cheaped out on Jared Cook

I'm happy for him. Would of loved if he could of played longer, but he has taken a battering over the years and has done so much for this team.

He's got out on his terms and has done it by winning the SB. He revolutionised the TE Position and is the greatest to ever play there.

I hope he manages to stay healthy and has no further issues!

Thanks for your contributions and outstanding career here in New England! All the best to him and his family. As far as his place in history goes the only other guy I would argue for is Tony Gonzalez.

Most dominant offensive player I've ever seen

This is bad news. Disappointed in him that it took so long to say as we could have made plans. But he has been a star and so good luck to him.

This is a selfish and short-sighted way of looking at it.

Remember, he went through a similar process last year. If you just pushed him to make a decision asap last year, he might not have come back. By being patient, we got another season, and while it wasn't his usual season, he still made some huge catches along the way to help us win another Super Bowl.

He could have said no right away, but it seems like he legitimately tried to find a way. That should be commended and appreciated, not **** on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back