PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk Back At Practice: Full Pads.

Big-T

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Pretty much every reporter saying it.

Couple of things from Reiss:
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m
Rob Gronkowski was fourth in line for reps behind Hoomamawanui, Sudfeld and Develin in TE/FB grouping. Appears to be moving well.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 50s
Watched Gronkowski go thru running warmup, agility through bags while catching football thrown by coach, and lower-key blocking-pad drill.

Can't wait to see some Gronk spikes again! Even if I don't expect to see them for another couple of weeks yet, but who knows?

Does he have a red shirt on? If not, woohoo.

I'm calling Week 3.

If no red shirt then I'm calling week one. Like 2007 Randy Moss (who had some practice but no games).

Didn't see anybody reporting a red shirt.

He probably needs to be hit a couple of times anyway, just to get him some confidence in his arm/back so not better place to do it than in practice where team mates aren't going to go as hard as the opposition will.

Week 1 or 2. ;)

fingers crossed he doesn't get hurt again. I almost wish they put him in bubble wrap and saved him for the playoffs.

fingers crossed he doesn't get hurt again. I almost wish they put him in bubble wrap and saved him for the playoffs.

"Saving" a player for the playoffs is quite possibly the worst idea ever.

tumblr_lzarqfhTXL1qg63qpo1_250.gif

I'm calling Week 3.
Agreed.

In a scenario like that, Rob comes back for the Bucs game as a tune-up game before being all engines go against the Falcons on SNF in Georgia.

Week 3 for me too.

Shouldn't really need him to beat the Bills & Jets, give him a run out against Tampa to get him back to game speed.

Pretty much every reporter saying it.

Couple of things from Reiss:
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m
Rob Gronkowski was fourth in line for reps behind Hoomamawanui, Sudfeld and Develin in TE/FB grouping. Appears to be moving well.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 50s
Watched Gronkowski go thru running warmup, agility through bags while catching football thrown by coach, and lower-key blocking-pad drill.

Can't wait to see some Gronk spikes again! Even if I don't expect to see them for another couple of weeks yet, but who knows?

Thanks for the share man! This is the best news I have heard since my son was born 3 years ago…

The fact he is at practice forces the Bills to plan for him, which in itself is a win. I would not be surprised to see him play 25% of the offensive snaps in week 1, he is a young man, I am sure he heals quickly still, unlike myself :)

:rolleyes: do you really think I want him in bubble wrap? lol comments not meant to be taken literally.

well quite a few posters were hoping the pats would effectively sit him for half the season....

Thanks for the share man! This is the best news I have heard since my son was born 3 years ago…

The fact he is at practice forces the Bills to plan for him, which in itself is a win. I would not be surprised to see him play 25% of the offensive snaps in week 1, he is a young man, I am sure he heals quickly still, unlike myself :)

I predicted Game 1, even if it is only a cameo appearance, whereas the Professional distorters in the Media, were predicting Game 10.

6 to 12......

If he practices Wed, Thur, Fri, he plays Sunday. More likely limited to certain packages. If he's healthy enough to practice in pads, he's deemed healthy. His conditioning is what probably remains.

That is a great sign even if he still misses 2 or 3 games.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back