PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greetings from Dallas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've posted here (over 5 years, some of you may remember me). I follow the Cowboys, and I also follow the Saints (b/c I lived in New Orleans pre-Katrina for awhile).

Anyhow - I've always liked the Patriots (no, never bought into that "Spygate", "Deflategate", or whatever nonsense - IMHO, there were just made up stories by the media to create narratives and storylines).

Just wanted to pass along best wishes to your team in SB53. For some reason, I've always liked the Boston teams (Red Sox, Celtics, etc). And as disappointed as I am in this year's playoffs, I'll admit that I actually like this LA/Boston thing that's going on now. Who would have thought these 2 cities would meet in the World Series AND the Super Bowl? Will the NBA Finals be next?

I think I remember you. Did you always go by that username? Definitely remember a Cowboys fan posting here awhile back. Nice post. Dallas had a really good year and surprised a lot of people. I just wonder if Dak is the future, that’s all. I guess we’ll have a better idea after next season when it comes time to offer him an extension.

Yes, that was me - my very first post was way back in 2006 when Drew Bledsoe was still the Cowboys starting QB. He came off a very bad game, and I came by asking what was all the negativity about him. It was a couple of games later when Tony Romo got the start. (How time flies! Who would have thought Romo, in this present day, would be calling the main CBS games?)

Dallas fired OC Scott Linehan the other day - the bad news is that they'll likely promote QB coach Kellen Moore (who has little experience) to OC. Honestly, I don't know what the fuss over Linehan is - he's not perfect, but he has a lot of experience. (Really, it's not like we're playing Madden 2050 here - IOW, be careful what you wish for) And FWIW too, no NFCE champion has successfully defended their title since the '04 Eagles (and this year's Eagles was the first defending NFCE champion to return to the playoffs since the '06 Giants). Yeah, it's a very strange division.

And honestly, I would have preferred Dallas not to have made the Amari Cooper trade - all it did was win one playoff game (and nothing more). Would have been much better to go into the offseason not making the playoffs, and having a set of good draft picks, than to be in this position of drafting low from the 2nd round.

As for the Saints? Ditto the NFCS - historically, defending divisional champions here underperform the year after, which was why their 13-3 record (better than last year's 11-5) surprised me quite a bit. Another strange division.

Beat LA..! ( started with Celtics. ) t :cool:
Started with Celtics fans sending off the Sixers to the Championship round after they had eliminated the Celtics at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back