PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Article for anyone who thinks the Broncos caused all five turnovers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm not claiming Denver didn't deserve to win (PLEASE don't start an argument about that again, that horse has been beaten to death six times over). I have always maintained though that the Patriots played a better game overall and were the better team. They just shot themselves in the foot with all the giveaways, and Denver capitalized.

Anyway, please don't flame me, just read the article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5249574

Enjoy :rocker:

Also interesting:

The Broncos recovered, setting the stage for the worst pass interference call in the history of the NFL playoffs by an out-of-position back judge who threw his flag about three seconds after the play was over, even though the official right on top of the play had correctly kept his flag in his pocket. It was the equivalent of a third base umpire running across the diamond to overrule a first base ump on an obvious call. The call pretty much awarded the Broncos the first touchdown of the game. (As bad as New England's five turnovers were, they weren't as bad as this call.)

Last edited:
UNbelievable.

Even now, 3 days after the debacle, I still find the events UNbelievable.

one of the most frstrating nights of my life..ever.

It's all a matter of taking advantage of turnovers. Whether they were forced or otherwise. The Broncos did just that. They also committed alot fewer errors. It's pretty much that simple. Unless you want to dig the refs up but like I've said, I feel we've had our fair share of ref support in the past so it would be hypocritical for me to stand here and complain about them.

I believe that is Bill Simmons' friend to whom he frequently refers as "my buddy Hench." A homer no doubt, but still he is right, not that it changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back