PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good thoughts my mom had.

Good for you, I'm exactly the same as you where it comes to the material world -- it doesn't drive me at all. You at least seem to have put some thought into your spiritual path, which is more than can be said for this forum's primary contributor.

I can only attribute that to you playing some sort of "Devil's Advocate" kind of head game.

I havent thought about my spiritual path? Maybe you are referring to another "primary contributor". If so, I apologize.

If not, can you explain then what a spiritual path is? Believing in God above all else, putting your trust and your faith in Him above all us, above the ritual of man-made religion, above material concerns, above, dare I say, football and my own wants and desires, that isnt a spiritual path?

tell me, what is your defintion of a "spiritual path", o' sinless one?

I can only attribute that to you playing some sort of "Devil's Advocate" kind of head game.

I havent thought about my spiritual path? Maybe you are referring to another "primary contributor". If so, I apologize.

If not, can you explain then what a spiritual path is? Believing in God above all else, putting your trust and your faith in Him above all us, above the ritual of man-made religion, above material concerns, above, dare I say, football and my own wants and desires, that isnt a spiritual path?

tell me, what is your defintion of a "spiritual path", o' sinless one?

I'm going to bow out of this discussion for now, 3, because I really don't think you're open to hearing me. You're entrenched in a literal interpretation of the Bible as basis for all your convictions, and anything I share that challenges this is met by you with closed mind and closed heart. If I felt you were genuinely interested in exploring beyond reinforcing what you already believe, I'd be tempted to continue. But I'm sure you'll probably agree, we're just going 'round in circles.

Last edited:
I'm going to bow out of this discussion for now, 3, because I really don't think you're open to hearing me. You're entrenched in a literal interpretation of the Bible as basis for all your convictions, and anything I share that challenges this is met by you with closed mind and closed heart. If I felt you were genunely interested in exploring beyond reinforcing what you already believe, I'd be tempted to continue. But I'm sure you'll probably agree, we're just going 'round in circles.

I agree, but I would add that you could take those exact words, change the sentence fragment "a literal interpretation of the Bible" to your own point of view, "not believing in any interpretation of the Bible", and your post would perfectly describe yourself.

You have not only shown yourself to be very closed to anything I've said, but you resort to needless ridiculing when you dont have a reasonable response, making up things about my beliefs, and lastly and most disturbingly, linking millions of people to hateful generalizations, most notably the bigoted idea that Bible based Christianity leads one to genocide.

read your own post and look in the mirror.

With that, I agree, we arent going to change the others mind. Lets talk more about football, shall we?

And despite it all, thank you for some stimuating talk. And I do wish you well.

Until then.

Last edited:
I agree, but I would add that you could take those exact words, change the sentence fragment "a literal interpretation of the Bible" to your own point of view, "not believing in any interpretation of the Bible", and your post would perfectly describe yourself.

You have not only shown yourself to be very closed to anything I've said, but you resort to needless ridiculing when you dont have a reasonable repsonse, making up things about my beliefs, and lastly and most disturbingly, linking millions of people to hateful generalizations, most notably the bigoted idea that Bible based Christianity leads one to genocide.

Look, no need to end this with a "parting shot." Yeah, you have gotten my dander up on occasion and I'm sorry if you feel "ridiculed," but you're just as derisive in your own reactionary way. This notion of my suggesting that Christianity leads to genocide is preposterous, and an apparent tangental extrapolation by you from your earlier discussions with Grogan. I said no such thing.

As for football -- good thread by you on the snow game.

who said this?

"Somehow it all comes together, doesn't it? Consider:

Hitler was a CHRISTIAN and a LUNATIC who INTERPRETED THE BIBLE LITERALLY, acknowledging that homosexuals and Jews would resist being "saved" and remain a threat to the homogenity of German society. Hence, the final solution -- exterminating them in the name of the Lord, as their "inferior" souls were going to hell anyway."

look, in your "goodbye" post you gave a pretty good parting shot yourself....

"really don't think you're open to hearing me. You're entrenched in a literal interpretation of the Bible as basis for all your convictions, and anything I share that challenges this is met by you with closed mind and closed heart."

lets both agree to stop now. We both are capable of getting our dander's up ( what is a dander, anyway??). And we've both had our parting shots.

Thanks for the snow game compliment. I'm sure we'll find a lot of common ground there.

i'll really try not responding if you do. honest.

who said this?

"Somehow it all comes together, doesn't it? Consider:

Hitler was a CHRISTIAN and a LUNATIC who INTERPRETED THE BIBLE LITERALLY, acknowledging that homosexuals and Jews would resist being "saved" and remain a threat to the homogenity of German society. Hence, the final solution -- exterminating them in the name of the Lord, as their "inferior" souls were going to hell anyway."

Yes, I wrote that, of course. There are conflicting accounts of Hitler's religious affiliation which we needn't rehash, but this one alleged example is a far cry from my suggesting that Christianity leads to genocide (the Crusades notwithstanding).

look, in your "goodbye" post you gave a pretty good parting shot yourself....

"really don't think you're open to hearing me. You're entrenched in a literal interpretation of the Bible as basis for all your convictions, and anything I share that challenges this is met by you with closed mind and closed heart."

lets both agree to stop now. We both are capable of getting our dander's up ( what is a dander, anyway??). And we've both had our parting shots.

Thanks for the snow game compliment. I'm sure we'll find a lot of common ground there.

i'll really try not responding if you do. honest.

Me too! ;)

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back