PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants sign Foreman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2272315

How on earth was this guy still sitting around unsigned? Averaging just a shade over 118 tackles per season the last 3 years and all of the sudden he's not good enough for anyone? He's spent nearly his entire career in a 3-4 defense, I was hoping we would take a look at him in the offseason. I think he's going to be a good addition for the Giants.

huskeralk said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2272315

How on earth was this guy still sitting around unsigned? Averaging just a shade over 118 tackles per season the last 3 years and all of the sudden he's not good enough for anyone? He's spent nearly his entire career in a 3-4 defense, I was hoping we would take a look at him in the offseason. I think he's going to be a good addition for the Giants.
ironically I signed him to my Madden team which shades the current season. He starts next to Brushi. Colvin isn't that good on Madden which stinks.

KDPpatsfan said:
ironically I signed him to my Madden team which shades the current season. He starts next to Brushi. Colvin isn't that good on Madden which stinks.

I always signed him to my Madden teams too. Mainly because he's a former Husker but still, he is a pretty good LB. He definately should have been playing somewhere this season.

FBGratings.com:

PLAYER NOTES LOG:

Dec 27 2005 - LB Jay Foreman, a seven-year veteran who last played for Houston, was signed after Carlos Emmons and Chae Blackburn were placed on injured reserve. Foreman's father is ex-NFL running back Chuck Foreman.

Mar 17 2005 - LB Jay Foreman was released by Houston.

Mar 14 2005 - LB Jay Foreman has asked to be released if the Texans don't trade him. Foreman is recovering from an ankle injury that caused him to miss the final five games of last season. "In my case, with me rehabbing, saying I can seek a trade - that's saying to other teams that they're going to release me anyway," Foreman said. "The best thing for me is to just get released. If I can't get traded (soon), I need to look for something better. I'm not at a point in my career where I'm a backup. "I guess I'm not in their plans. You'd like to be here to see this team turn the corner, but obviously that's changed."

Jan 19 2005 - ILB Jay Foreman missed the final four games with a serious ankle injury and could be released this season

Jan 3 2005 - LB Jay Foreman, who missed the final four games of the season with a high ankle sprain, expects to have his cast removed sometime next week.

Dec 15 2004 - LB Jay Foreman is one of 32 finalists for the 2004 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. The annual award, named after the late Hall of Fame running back, is the only league honor that recognizes a player for his off-the-field community service as well as playing excellence. The winner, to be announced Feb. 4, will receive $25,000 to donate to his selected charity. Each finalist will receive a $1,000 contribution toward a charity of his choice.

Nov 12 2003 - LB Jay Foreman said a defense on pace to allow 6,000 yards and 434 points can be fixed. "When you give up that many yards, there is nothing else to do but fix it," Foreman said. "I'm sure looking to the next game those guys (Buffalo) are probably licking their chops."

Oct 19 2003 - LB Jay Foreman had only two tackles against the Jets. He led the Texans in tackles last season.

INJURY REPORT:

Feb 19 2005 - LB Jay Foreman continues to rehab from a high-ankle injury suffered in December.

Jan 12 2005 - LB Jay Foreman is expected to intensify his rehab at the end of January. Foreman, who suffered a high ankle sprain Dec. 5 against the New York Jets, may not be in the Texans' plans for next season.

Jan 5 2005 - LB Jay Foreman is expected to intensify his rehab at the end of January. Foreman, who suffered a high ankle sprain Dec. 5 against the New York Jets, may not be in the Texans' plans for next season.

Dec 16 2004 - LB Jay Foreman, who is out for the season with a high ankle sprain, had successful surgery Wednesday. No surgery date has been scheduled for FS Marcus Coleman, who is out with a sprained right shoulder.

Dec 6 2004 - LB Jay Foreman was placed on injured reserve Monday. Foreman, the team's second-leading tackler, suffered a severely sprained left ankle in the second quarter Sunday against the Jets.

Huh, that might explain things. He must have still been recovering from his bum ankle. They left out the part where the Raiders signed and released him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft