PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants allegedly trash their charter plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
p1jscx8lp6zyjyazgabc.jpg

Now if OBJ did this to the cabin and fuselage of the airplane, we all might be thinking of a proper eulogy for him and his teammates.

p1jscx8lp6zyjyazgabc.jpg

Now if OBJ did this to the cabin and fuselage of the airplane, we all might be thinking of a proper eulogy for him and his teammates.
A true airplane nerd (as I am) will tell you no, a much bigger hole and/or one that takes out control circuits or devices is needed for it to be a real problem. You'd have to descend to below 12,000 feet so the passengers don't suffocate but presuming the crew did this, it wouldn't be a catastrophic event.

Jocks are treated like royalty, so they feel entitled to do nonsense like this.

A true airplane nerd (as I am) will tell you no, a much bigger hole and/or one that takes out control circuits or devices is needed for it to be a real problem. You'd have to descend to below 12,000 feet so the passengers don't suffocate but presuming the crew did this, it wouldn't be a catastrophic event.
If the crew were Pats fans, they might stay above 12,000 feet.

ok mr nerd, im intrigued

what exactly would transpire if this were to happen on a plane? and how much larger would hold need to be for it to matter?

ok mr nerd, im intrigued

what exactly would transpire if this were to happen on a plane? and how much larger would hold need to be for it to matter?

Punching a hole in the fuselage at high altitude does cause decompression because the outside air is low pressure and the inside air is compressed by pumps to the same air pressure at 8,000 feet above sea level, but decompression isn't instantly fatal. As an example, climbers who get stuck high on Mt Everest due to fatigue or injury usually last a good 12+ hours before severe lack of oxygen (hypoxia) kills them. There isn't enough oxygen in low pressure air for long term survival, but that's why oxygen masks drop from the airplane's ceiling and the pilots dive the plane to below 12,000 feet as soon as they can.

A bigger hole just makes decompression happen faster, and increases the odds that someone or something substantial gets sucked out of the bigger hole. This also increases the risk that the thing being sucked out knocks out the control surfaces on the wing or tail but it has to be pretty substantial to do that. Also if the object gets sucked into an engine it could be problematic but airplanes are designed to survive a single engine out.

A huge hole (i.e. one created by a significant explosion, or by design mistakes, or by untreated corrosion) has been fatal or near-fatal in the past. That's because the huge hole has either weakened the structure to the point the plane breaks into pieces or the failure breaks wires or cables or hydraulic lines needed to control the plane. These things haven't happened in a long time because design, maintenance and security practices have been improved.

Bottom line is a hole punched in the fuse would be a problem but not a catastrophe.

If you want to nerd out:

Explosion:

Design mistakes:

Corrosion:

Mcadoo talked to fat Mike yesterday and said it was complete ********

Mcadoo talked to fat Mike yesterday and said it was complete ********
It seems as though the Giants are likely not guilty in this one. But, I'm going to take great pleasure in telling everyone who isn't aware of their apparent innocence the story about the team that trashed their plane. Because, I know their fans likely knew Brady was innocent and lied about it every chance they got. So, f### them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes