PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

German WR Moritz Boehringer

Apologies for the link, but apparently the Pats were one of the teams extremely interested in this kid, who's only played in Germany.

Incredible pro day puts German Moritz Boehringer on NFL radar

I'm cautious about reports of "interest" in him. For most teams they were getting their first exposure to gim so "interest" is probably nothing more than due diligence.

Can't deny this kids athleticism - I'd be fine with a 6th round flyer on him.

Looks interesting but his first step is kind of slow. Being 225 and 6'4 that is forgivable though. His straight line and hands look good though.

Last edited:
He could be a really nice buy low option worth taking a shot with. With his measurables, you would hope he could have some special teams value too.

Jeff Janis was the comparison that someone said yesterday. Similar build and athletism, with boe coming out ahead slightly in both areas. Janis was the little used receiver for Green Bay with the huge playoff game this year with two Hail Mary catches on the same drive.

Janis was a 7th rounder two years ago, so if you want to use one of our 6ths, I think these are one of those swings worth taking.

He could be a really nice buy low option worth taking a shot with. With his measurables, you would hope he could have some special teams value too.

Jeff Janis was the comparison that someone said yesterday. Similar build and athletism, with boe coming out ahead slightly in both areas. Janis was the little used receiver for Green Bay with the huge playoff game this year with two Hail Mary catches on the same drive.

Janis was a 7th rounder two years ago, so if you want to use one of our 6ths, I think these are one of those swings worth taking.

Agreed. If we use all 11 picks, it's likely three or four of those picks aren't making the final 53. So why not swing for the fences with one of the picks?

Having lived in Germany, they're great people but there's a reason they're not known for their poetry. Such a harsh language.
True, but also easier to learn and speak than French for example, which were my 2 choices in the 9th grade. I chose German.

The 3 cone drill time was very impressive for a guy with that size. THis reminds one of a guy like Steven Neal great athlete from a non traditional situation.

Interesting comparison I saw is Joe Webb, formerly of Minnesota. Boehringer is in brackets.

6'2.5" (6'4.5")
225lbs (227lbs)
40 - 4.44 (4.43)
Bench - 21 (17)
VJ - 42.5"(39")
BJ - 11'5" (10'11")
20yd - 4.04 (4.10)
3C - 6.71 (6.65)

Just an interesting note. Not suggesting any meaning.

I wouldn't mind him with one of our later picks. Might as well take a swing on an upside prospect.

Does it matter? Or do you wonder if he dope all the time, cause unlike in the states, you do get a 2 year ban in europe so i doubt it.

More curiosity of the "Shane Vereen is related to Ben Vereen" variety.

Achtung! Dieses sind sieht aus wie ein guter Football-Spieler.

Haha, sinngemäß. Aber das nächste mal bitte nicht zwei konjugierte Verben benutzen :)

Very good my friend, but Germans doen't use two conjugated verbs in one sentence :D

His athletiscism is amazing, but i think he will have difficulties in the NFL to learn the Playbook because it seems that his english isn't well.

Haha, sinngemäß. Aber das nächste mal bitte nicht zwei konjugierte Verben benutzen :)

Very good my friend, but Germans doen't use two conjugated verbs in one sentence :D

His athletiscism is amazing, but i think he will have difficulties in the NFL to learn the Playbook because it seems that his english isn't well.
Vollmer can translate?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back