PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garo Yepremian not impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Garo Yepremian needs to grow up

I was out getting subway sammiches, but the wife said one of the ESPN guys has already started the "Mercury Morris should just get over it" rumblings.

Sean Salisbury IIRC.

Last edited:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3173309

"We were the first ones to climb Mount Everest," Yepremian said late Saturday. "If New England comes and does it, then they can be the second ones. But you usually don't remember No. 2. I remember Sir Edmund Hillary was the first one to climb Mount Everest. I don't remember who did it the second time. Do you?"

Actually, if the Pats do go 19-0 they will have been the first to climb "Everest". The Dolphins will just have climbed the second highest mountain, 17-0.

I forget what the second highest mountain is. :D

I'm pretty sure it's K2.

anyhow, the NFL wasn't even as popular as it is now in '72.

Athletes are stronger, faster and train harder. What the Dolphins did in '72 is incredible, but Mercury Morris needs to shut his old crack head mouth with his jive talk.

Actually Garo, your team was third. There were two Bears teams who climbed the mountain ahead of you. Or is it more convenient to forget that?

Not to praise the Dolphins but their were the third team to go undefeated in a regular season but the first team to win the championship.

"We were the first ones to climb Mount Everest," Yepremian said late Saturday. "If New England comes and does it, then they can be the second ones. But you usually don't remember No. 2. I remember Sir Edmund Hillary was the first one to climb Mount Everest. I don't remember who did it the second time. Do you?"

no my friend...this is how it really goes...

the 72 fins climbed the second highest mt on earth (do u remember which that is? i dont)

and then everest was discovered, and the pats climbed it to the top (the 72 fins will become an afterthought buddy, if hte pats go 19-0, then u 72 fins will never be contacted again)

yeah...heh...that's rich...coming from a midget dork whose only claim to fame is that idiotic fumbled pass attempt in the Super Bowl that led to a Washington TD.
I know. When he said "we" I had to laugh.

I think Matt Light said it best during Patriots 5th quarter interview. He was asked what he wanted to say to 72 Dolphins. He just shrugged, gave it a thought for sec, put on his smurk and just said 'Sorry'. Hope those old goats will give it a rest already.

The 72 Dolphins climbed Kilimajaro. It's the Patriots who are climbing Everest.

"Who the hell is Gero Yepremian?" was my first reaction.

My second is "Why the hell is a KICKER flapping his trap?" Especially one who made only 67% of his FG tries...

I wonder if Vanderjagt is related to him?

Seriously, I had to go look him up on Profootballreference.com to see if he'd actually accomplished anything in his career.

Well, Everest is the tallest mountain, yeah?

So who was the first guy who climbed K-2? That's what the 72 Dolphins will be. The first ones to the top of a smaller mountain.

Learn it, live it, love it, guys.

:rocker:
A very good point, PFVa.

yepremian's comment is pathetic and diminishes him. however, he has earned the right to be heard, as sorry as it is.

yepremian's comment is pathetic and diminishes him. however, he has earned the right to be heard, as sorry as it is.

Why has he earned the RIGHT to say anything? He was along for the ride in 72. Nothing more.

Wasn't sherpa Tenzing Norgay technically the first to reach the peak? I believe that makes his whole example bullsh-t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back