PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game day roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Ok we have our first 53 man roster and yes this will change but now we can start to predict our week 1 game day roster. There is no 3rd QB rule now. Just a 46 man roster will BB go with 3 QB's on his 46 or not after only carrying 2 last season?

I think Mallet, Price, Cunningham, Tarp, Spikes/Fletcher, Arrington/Molden and Pryor/Love.

Mallet as BB has shown he is happy to just have 2 QB's anyway.

Price is a victim of the numbers game and I think Slater has better ST value

Cunningham is again victim to te numbers game. As I feel the others are better DE's

Tarp as he was a shock to make the team I believe. At this point White is a better backup and STer

Spikes/Fletcher as thought spikes would be cut but with fletcher picking up a knock i think he has been kept as a just in case.

Molten/Arrington is the same as above on the injury part but happy with Arrington this may be Butler instead if Molden gets the system quick enough.

Pryor/Love is again to me a numbers game but I couldn't pick which I think this will be down to fitness

Obviously this is not final as some of these may not be on the team come opening day.

The roster will change by next Monday, but since we're playing the game.

We take 7 O-Linemen into games. We may now take 8 with Maneri playing the 3rd TE role.

Unless injured, both Spikes and Fletcher will be in the 46. You'd be more likely to see Guyton inactive.

Butler would more likely be inactive than Arrington

Gameday inactives are often predicated on matchups and minor injuries. I think the one consistent given will be Mallett unless Hoyer rolls an ankle in practice.

The roster will change by next Monday, but since we're playing the game.

We take 7 O-Linemen into games. We may now take 8 with Maneri playing the 3rd TE role.

Unless injured, both Spikes and Fletcher will be in the 46. You'd be more likely to see Guyton inactive.

Butler would more likely be inactive than Arrington

Guyton? Seriously? He is a starting LB for the Pats.

Guyton? Seriously? He is a starting LB for the Pats.

From what I can see he's #4 on the depth chart behind Mayo, Spikes and Fletcher.

Gameday inactives are often predicated on matchups and minor injuries. I think the one consistent given will be Mallett unless Hoyer rolls an ankle in practice.
Yeah, I agree. While roster predictions are fun exercises for us fans, my guess is that at least half of the typical game day inactives will be players that have some sort of injury and are less than 100%.

I know a lot of people want the NFL to add some type of in-season disabled list like other pro sports have, but that is essentially what the 46-man gameday roster vs 53-man roster accomplishes; it basically works out to a continuously rolling 7-player DL.

price will be a game day active if he is not hurt....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back