PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny how things change in 10 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
10 months ago we were screaming at the top of our lungs for the defense to take Nick Foles head off in the Super Bowl

10 months later the same fans screaming at the top of their lungs 'GO FOLES GO!!''FLY EAGLES FLY!""

never thought that day would ever occur...never say never

10 months ago we were screaming at the top of our lungs for the defense to take Nick Foles head off in the Super Bowl

10 months later the same fans screaming at the top of their lungs 'GO FOLES GO!!''FLY EAGLES FLY!""

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

I am much more amazed/amused by the mental gymnastics some of the people who said Foles was a backup level QB and didn't really appreciate his almost flawless performance in the big game but now are in the middle of arguments about how the Eagles should trade Wentz.

Good stuff..

Foles is a more than just good QB.

To go through all that he has and play like that is pretty incredible.
He is “good” because inconsistency holds him back. He can look great for parts of the season... let’s not forget he started this season. And it wasn't too impressive.

Trollin’ is listening to the voices in his head in the Patriots locker room and calling them “the Patriots locker room”. Lol

Question is how much is he worth at the end of his contract.. ? Then Philly will be in QB dilemma land.

AkA clipboard Mario(JG) v. The goat..

Last edited:

If Gostkowski, Brady & Billy didn't choke in Miami, we wouldn't have needed help from Foles & the Philthy Iggles.

And yes, I was screaming for them to win during their final drive, just like the rest of the fans at the Bears Den.

Knew this was coming the moment Wentz got hurt. Told my brother he was an idiot not to pick up Foles (he had Wentz in his fantasy league.). He chuckled...I told him there would be a huge QB controversy next year. I personally like Foles game better than Wentz and think he’s a borderline top-10, or at least top-15 QB. I was never embarrassed about “losing to a backup.”

I stand by “wasn’t that impressive”. Beat bad ATL team 18-12 opening day and lost to Tampa.

The Eagles' offense has struggled for most of the season after losing their OC (Reich) and QB Coach (DeFlippo). Foles was pretty awful in wk-1, but looked better in wk-2, and has done well the past two weeks. Wentz did struggle a lot in between.

In wk-2, the Eagles ran into a hot Tampa passing attack that had not quite yet begun its run of a gazillion turnovers per game (27 giveaways over their next 8 games), and a Tampa defense that hadn't yet lost its copy of "Run Defense Basics" (gave up an average of 151 rushing yards per game from wk-7 thru week-15).

Sh it happens early in the season sometimes (see: Patriots 2018, 2017, 2014 ...)

Things like this remind me of my grandpas favorite saying. “God laughs when people say never”

I stand by “wasn’t that impressive”. Beat bad ATL team 18-12 opening day and lost to Tampa.
Have to disagree. I watched the Tampa game, Foles was nearly 75% w 1 int and threw for 300 plus yards. Problem was a couple of Eagles fumbles and their defense made Fitzpatrick look All Pro when he threw for 400 yards and they were in a 27-7 hole right after halftime.. Foles was not the reason they lost that one......

This just in... Foles is good.. eagles have 20mil option to retain his services for next year.

Right now. Do you sign him, or trade him, or trade wentz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft