PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First ten starts for Bledsoe, Brady and Jones

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ten games in, I decided to compare stats for Bledsoe, Brady and Mac Jones as starters in their first ten starts.
I know the game now is different than 1993 and 2001 and the talent around Jones is better than Bledsoe and arguably than Brady's first year as a starter.

I am NOT saying Jones will be Brady ...

Starter-----------comp/att----------% -----------yards------TD/ int--------fumbles-------QB rating---------team record
Bledsoe-----------159/328 ---------48.5 ---------1832------- 9/14 -----------7--------------- 58.3----------------- 2-8
Brady--------------193/292----------65.8--------- 2036------16/7------------10 --------------94.49---------------- 7-3
Jones --------------223/322---------69.2 --------- 2333------13/7-------------4---------------94.38----------------6-4

Last edited:
Ten games in, I decided to compare stats for Bledsoe, Brady and Mac Jones as starters in their first ten starts.
I know the game now is different than 1993 and 2001 and the talent around Jones is better than Bledsoe and arguably than Brady's first year as a starter.

Starter-----------comp/att----------% -----------yards------TD/ int--------fumbles-------QB rating---------team record
Bledsoe-----------159/328 ---------48.5 ---------1832------- 9/14 -----------7--------------- 58.3----------------- 2-8
Brady--------------193/292----------65.8--------- 2036------16/7------------10 --------------94.49---------------- 7-3
Jones --------------223/322---------69.2 --------- 2333------13/7-------------4---------------94.38----------------6-4
Very interesting comparison. While it's definitely worth noting that the game is different in 2021 than it was in 2001, you also kinda have to give Jones extra credit since he's a rookie vs. Brady who was not... In my mind those things don't quite equalize, but they do make me a little more comfortable making the comparison between stat lines.

Much much different league for QB's to succeed than 2001 much less 1993.

But no doubt, Mac is the one.

Thank you, Shanny!

I rewatched Bledsoe's first and last game of his rookie season....and wow, what a difference. The turnover from 1992 to 1993 meant there were tons of guys being cycled in during the early part of 1993. Lots of rookies, lots of guys who would go on to do....nothing after playing for the Patriots. Last game...he wins it on a Hail Mary to Crittenden (I think).

I rewatched Bledsoe's first and last game of his rookie season....and wow, what a difference. The turnover from 1992 to 1993 meant there were tons of guys being cycled in during the early part of 1993. Lots of rookies, lots of guys who would go on to do....nothing after playing for the Patriots. Last game...he wins it on a Hail Mary to Crittenden (I think).
Michael Timpson in OT.

Damn! You're right, and I got it wrong. *repents!*

Kevin Turner was the Vikings comeback in 1994, down 20-0 and Drew threw it 70 times. Met Turner once when I was 12, RIP
Hope there is a warm bed in hell for that nurse that “took care” of him.

Pats have been blessed with so many quality full backs over the years. Sam Cunningham, Sam Gash, Keith Byers, Mark Edwards, James Develin. Quality guys, lunch pail guys. Loved Kevin Turner here too.

Still pinch myself that Mac Jones fell to us, as that is who I hoped they would get, not that he is establishing myself I am all in.

Seems like a guy would run into at a bar and shoot the crap with.. he was really happy for Meyers.

Made Nurse Rached look like Mother Theresa.

Oh but she loved him and wanted to be his wife......

Jesus.

Pats have been blessed with so many quality full backs over the years. Sam Cunningham, Sam Gash, Keith Byers, Mark Edwards, James Develin. Quality guys, lunch pail guys. Loved Kevin Turner here too.
"Hope there is a warm bed in hell for that nurse that “took care” of him." Can you elaborate? I don't recall the situation.

"Hope there is a warm bed in hell for that nurse that “took care” of him." Can you elaborate? I don't recall the situation.
She basically “allegedly” married him while he was incapacitated while in her care. Thus stealing his finances and any kind of pension that might have been left to his children. Hope the kids won the lawsuit. Never did find out.

I forgot how Brady’s numbers fell off in the last four starts that year.
59.46 completion percentage 761 yards2touchdowns 5 interceptions 67.4rating

Made Nurse Rached look like Mother Theresa.

Oh but she loved him and wanted to be his wife......

Jesus.
Years ago I had a neighbor in his 60's who had a heart attack. While he was in the hospital he met a younger nurse who he left his wife for when he came out of the hospital. He then changed his will and gave everything to his new wife. He was dead within a month.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back