PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rap on Lendale is that he is extremely lazy and doesn't work as hard as he needs to, to be the best player he can be.
Is it because he knew he was stuck behind Bush??? I don't know.

After looking at that mock, if I was a Bills fan, I'd be tickled to death. Ngata is a monster in the middle. He's the closest thing to a 3-4 NT in this draft.

I can't see the Titans not taking Vince Young, when you consider that Steve McNair is his mentor and the QB he is most often compared to. A year behind McNair, the QB that has defined the Titans organization since they moved from Houston (and a great one for a period until he started getting beat up), would be perfect for Young.

That said, the Patriots taking Lendale White would be good. Reminds me of Dillon, or maybe more accurately, Duce Staley.

It's official. Poszlusny has a partial tear in in his PCL an d will be out 6 weeks. No surgery, just rehab, and he's already announced that he's returning to PSU for his senior year.

Great news about Poz..I'm a PSU alum. And, as much as I love
the Pats, I want him back at PSU next year. He did more to turn
that team around than many realize. He plays with the intensity
PSU lb's used to play with. He brought a fire back to the program
it has been desperately lacking. On top of being a superb player,
he's a great student(something like 3.7 finance). 1st junior captain
since 1968. D.Onkontz and M.Reid. He's a special player and kid.
If the Pats get him next year. I will jump for joy!! Here's a pic of
him some1 took in Miami last week on the beach.

http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&mid=66102008&sid=&tid=66102008&style=1

I'm more interested in CBs that might be available in free agency

Ty Law's an obvious available player but I saw Brian Williams mentioned on PFT as a hard hitting, good tackling under-rated CB who will be available - and I don't believe he was on the Love Boat either

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=3633

Speaking of which, Fred Smoot will probably be available again, but I think we can take a pass on him.

Willie55 said:
Reggie Bush will be nothing more than a third down back in the NFL.

He may not get 30 carries a game, but I have a feeling that he could be used like Brian Westbrook.

Ochmed Jones said:
The rap on Lendale is that he is extremely lazy and doesn't work as hard as he needs to,
Seymour had the same rap, one of the reasons I was highly annoyed when BB took him instead of David Terrell.

If Houston passes on Young... they deserve another ****ty season. You never pass on a stud from your own state. He'll sell tickets for two years even if he pulls a Carr and chokes. They can deal with Dom Davis.

Far too early for them to give up on David Carr.

They should trade that pick for multiple picks and players. They need the help.

I tend to like NFL Draft Countdown's mocks. They do a great job ranking and describing the players for guys who (like me) follow the pro game closer than the college game.

The guy they have us taking is Demeco Ryans, Outside Linebacker from 'Bama. On ESPN's mock draft, he goes to Oakland at 6.

RPCity said:
Far too early for them to give up on David Carr.

They should trade that pick for multiple picks and players. They need the help.

Or they could trade Carr. Maybe for some offensive linemen. Would Oakland do it for Gallery? Or they could even trade Carr for draft picks and then draft multiple offensive linemen.

kurtinelson said:
He may not get 30 carries a game, but I have a feeling that he could be used like Brian Westbrook.

i have been thinking about this for quite some time
and just the other day realized he could def be like a brian westbrook

he also could have a very similar career path to tiki barber, starting off slow, building some bulk, and then becoming a great back a few yrs down the road

ive watched all the games i can of him, and it just seems that too many times he has a hole you could drive a truck through

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes