PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: 2010 Pro Bowl to be played in Miami week before Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good change. Tom Brady and the rest of our team won't be playing in order to prepare for the Super Bowl. Favre won't be playing, either (for a different reason.)

Doesn't make sense. Players from the SB teams wont be playing then either should any be selected.

I agree. Also, players from the losing teams in the conference championship games might be dinged up or less than enthusiastic about playing a week later. But, the main thing is that members of the Super Bowl participating teams won't be included, which very possibly would include key players like the quarterbacks, etc. And hasn't a part of the "award" for making the pro bowl been a free trip to Hawaii? I say do away with the pro bowl altogether, or just have an evening ceremony that can be televised showing highlight clips of each player and a short interview or speech.

An angle that hasn't been mentioned yet. If you've been to Superbowl a big part of the experience is all of the parties. How will this affect the events leading up to the Superbowl?

Instead of having sponsor parties on Thursday, Friday, Saturday I wonder if this will lead to having parties all week? It'll be interesting to see if and how that changes especially in a city like Miami. Intriguing...

Why not just pick the Pro Bowl players and have them play a game of Madden. That way everyone can play, nobody has to travel (just play online), and there will still be no one watching.

Why not just pick the Pro Bowl players and have them play a game of Madden. That way everyone can play, nobody has to travel (just play online), and there will still be no one watching.
Why not just play the game out on Madden? The score would be about right.

I think that the players should put the Kibosh on the Pro-Bowl. And that could be Goodell's plan. By moving it, players from 4 teams won't be playing in it, more than likely. And it will give the league more ammunition to just do away with it totally. So that player won't get hurt. But also, so its less of a drain on the league funds. And it would be on less item that players could get a bonus for.

Change the game to flag football. Who cares?

Since the Robert Edwards incident, every time I hear anything about the pro-bowl, I think, "F*** that!" I only want players from my team to play in games that matter (except for our training camp fodder in preseason).

Change the game to flag football. Who cares?

Since the Robert Edwards incident, every time I hear anything about the pro-bowl, I think, "F*** that!" I only want players from my team to play in games that matter (except for our training camp fodder in preseason).

I believe that the Robert Edwards injury put the kibosh on the Rookie Beach Flag Football Game.

I believe that the Robert Edwards injury put the kibosh on the Rookie Beach Flag Football Game.

Now if only Peyton Manning would get injured in the Pro Bowl and put the kibosh on that. Two birds with one stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back