PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early on the Kansas City Patriots are looking a little like 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Cassel had a nice game today,Weis is starting to find his niche with the offense and Romeo is undoubtedly the same man that turned our defense around to a dominating one is apparently doing the same work in KC so far

Maybe too early to tell, but this KC team no one talks about looks like an early version of the 2001 Pats

Watch out for the 2010 Kansas City Patriots sneaking under the radar this year.

SD may not have that division rapped up as easy as it looks and if our team craps the bed this season at least there may be a team with a few 'good guys' we can root for should the unfortunate occur.

Last edited:
I forget, what three teams have they played.

I forget, what three teams have they played.

SD,Cleveland and SF today....2 of those teams are expected to contend and the Browns have played tough but come up short

And we gave up 82 points in 3 games including 30 to a team that previously scored 17 in two games...your point is?

What does that have to do with the Chiefs beating two horrible winless teams and getting a one score home win against a divisional rival?

Last edited:
What does that have to do with the Chiefs beating two horrible winless teams and getting a one score home win against a divisional rival?

I feel ya, PATSFANINPA

The 49ers almost beat the super bowl champions last Monday night. The Browns have hung tight in all three matches, and just ran the ball down Ngata/Lewis/Suggs/Pryce's collective throat. The Patriots gave up 28 to the Jets and 30 to the lowly Bills.

If you're gonna give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt, that they are better than their results clearly indicate, why don't you do the same for other teams?

If you're gonna give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt, that they are better than their results clearly indicate, why don't you do the same for other teams?

Huh? The Patriots defense sucks, I've never given them the benefit of the doubt.

The first half against the Bengals was the only time the Patriots defense has impressed me thus far. Since then they've been awful.

Teams with a combined 1-7 record.

Gotta win those games and they routed their opponent today...

Chiefs are playing much better a a group and it's evident... This adds fuel to the fire about how the scheme and coordinators are hurting this defense this year

The Chiefs beat the Chargers who are expected to win that division easily and beat a SF team that has a decent defense and put up 31 points on them....are you saying the 49ers are horrible and the Bills are better?,At least the Ciefs did not let up once they were far ahead,this team has yet to come close to doing that.

I don't remember anyone complaining when our Pats won the division in 2009 with much of the help by beating up on the Sisters of the Poor,which could be the direction KC is headed.

Last edited:
The Chiefs beat the Chargers who are expected to win that division easily and beat a SF team that has a decent defense and put up 31 points on them....are you saying the 49ers are horrible and the Bills are better?

I don't remember anyone complaining when our Pats won the division in 2009 with much of the help by beating up on the Sisters of the Poor,which could be the direction KC is headed.

You're all over the place.

1. Seahawks are beating the Chargers by two scores right now. Chargers may be 1-2 after today, meaning the Chiefs have beaten two winless teams and one with a losing record.

2. The Bills are worse than the 49ers, but they're both horrible and win less. What does that have to do with anything in this topic?

3. I don't remember anyone in 2009 saying the Patriots looked like their 2001 selves.

That Moeaki TD is sick man... Beats Moss's catch for catch of the year so far

Back OT Cassel is a limited QB who at best can take you too the playoffs but no further.

Last edited:
SD,Cleveland and SF today....2 of those teams are expected to contend and the Browns have played tough but come up short

SF is nowhere near contention. People thought they would... and those people were wrong.

You're all over the place.

1. Seahawks are beating the Chargers by two scores right now. Chargers may be 1-2 after today, meaning the Chiefs have beaten two winless teams and one with a losing record.

2. The Bills are worse than the 49ers, but they're both horrible and win less. What does that have to do with anything in this topic?

3. I don't remember anyone in 2009 saying the Patriots looked like their 2001 selves.

Now what does that have to do with this conversation?

I said the Patriots beat virtually NO ONE who made the playoffs last year except the Ravens who we all know returned the favor in the WC round - that means the Pats won 9 games against creampuffs, so if KC does that and makes the playoffs there is nothing wrong with that

so if KC does that and makes the playoffs there is nothing wrong with that

It's been a good start of the season for the Chiefs and a feel good story since a lot of our old guys are on the team.

However, saying they look like the 2001 Patriots is really over reacting.

Cassel had a nice game today,Weis is starting to find his niche with the offense and Romeo is undoubtedly the same man that turned our defense around to a dominating one is apparently doing the same work in KC so far

Maybe too early to tell, but this KC team no one talks about looks like an early version of the 2001 Pats

Watch out for the 2010 Kansas City Patriots sneaking under the radar this year.

SD may not have that division rapped up as easy as it looks and if our team craps the bed this season at least there may be a team with a few 'good guys' we can root for should the unfortunate occur.

Despite the naysayers, I share the sentiment.

They have a bye next week and then go @Colts and @Texans. But, the rest of their schedule outside the Division is pretty manageable: Jaguars, Bills, Cardinals, @Seahawks, @Rams, Titans.

I can see KC falling off and going on a losing streak soon. Just doesn't seem like a playoff team.

Pioli has drafted rather well for KC. I am rooting for them, except if we meet them.

The Chiefs are sitting pretty at 3-0, with a 2 game lead over other division rivals.

How they do over the next few years will be pretty interesting since it's pretty much Patriots Midwest with the same principal staff except at the HC spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes