PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keon Coleman has the size/speed you want. How good a route runner he is and his hands is what will be incredibly important.
Don't forget Rome Odunze.

Even if his injury is fully healed and even if he plays well, we still need a LT and RT (LT for the now, and RT for a Swing Tackle/RT for the future). Sounds like an intriguing possibility though. But, I'm not giving up any picks in the first 4 rounds to get him.
Timing is everything when was he carted off??

@Uptown keep scouting Brother keep em coming appreciate the hard work.

Timing is everything when was he carted off??
I article didn't give a specific time during the season, but I just looked it up elsewhere and it happened in Week 2.

It seems to me that our 3rd pick could very well have 1st pick value.
I think Chicago takes Marvin Harrison ... Commies take Williams or Maye ???
Do not see them trading back ... anyways just throwing that out there I am no draftnik.

The problem is we have so many holes to fill that one quality draft simply can't do all that's needed. Another draft in the top 10 next year is going to be needed to really lay a foundation for the future. Yes, we have a **** ton of cap space but that is still just a small, allbeit important piece of the rebuild. QB, WR, 2 OL, TE and that says nothing of our needs on the DL and LB side of the D. BB left the cubboard bare and now that he's gone, this is more than a one year draft fix to get back to respectability.

I just hope it's not like last season where we passed on 2, or was it 3 TE's who contributed nicely just as receivers in their rookie season. The blocking (especially if they're willing, can be taught). I would love Stover and/or Sinnott!
To be fair, those TEs all went really early, within the first 35-40 picks.

He’s been playing that way in the SEC against the baddest teams in college football and it hasn’t been an issue. You can worry about it all you want, I’m not going to. I love the idea of having a QB who can pick up the first down on their own, it opens up everything. He’s had 78 touchdowns ( passing and running) over the past two seasons with just 8 turnovers. He had to bring his team back repeatedly because their defense sucked, and he can make every throw.
Christ, Mac had 41 TDs to 4 ints in the SEC his senior year. That doesn't mean a whole lot. When I watch him, a lot of those great plays look like turnovers in the NFL.

Dude you sold me pay attention Draftknixs this Guy is the real deal nobody really talks about him tells you how potentially Great this class is. Baker's catch radius is ridiculous throw it anywhere near him and it's a catch you can see that on Tape. I am going on record saying I don't want Harrison Jr now WR is just too Deep for that. Right now I would take the Best QB @ 3 and Trade #34 keep for and extra pick. Javon Baker and Ladd McConkey @ WR please problem solved both will be impact players from the start book it.
Top 5-10
Marv
Nabers

Odunze

early 2nd
Thomas
Baker
Franklin

2nd-early 3rd
Ladd
Coleman
Walker
Polk
Cowing
Wilson

3rd
R Wilson

4th
Thrash
Worthy
Rice

That 2nd tier will get drafted higher but I think Baker is well known and accounted for.
Keon Coleman has the size/speed you want. How good a route runner he is and his hands is what will be incredibly important.
Keon can sink, stop, flashes strong hands. He really has to work at the top of his route. He has to have a better stem/re-stem at the top of his routes. He just wins with physicality there. He was better at MSU though than this past year believeit or not. Doesn't have the production you want. I was a big fan early on but the closer you look you can't pick him RD1. Young, 20 on draft day. So plenty of reason to be hopeful but doesn't have a top 40 profile.

Last edited:
Top 5-10
Marv
Nabers

Odunze

early 2nd
Thomas
Baker
Franklin

2nd-early 3rd
Ladd
Coleman
Walker
Polk
Cowing
Wilson

3rd
R Wilson

4th
Thrash
Worthy
Rice

That 2nd tier will get drafted higher but I think Baker is well known and accounted for.

Keon can sink, stop, flashes strong hands. He really has to work at the top of route. He has to have a better stem at the top of his routes. He just wins with physicality there. He was better at MSU though than this past year believeit or not. Doesn't have the production you want. I was a big fan early on but the closer you look you can't pick him RD1. Young, 20 on draft day. So plenty of reason to be hopeful but doesn't have a top 40 profile.

Thanks Brother.

Christ, Mac had 41 TDs to 4 ints in the SEC his senior year. That doesn't mean a whole lot. When I watch him, a lot of those great plays look like turnovers in the NFL.

Alabama was dominating teams, LSU’s defense sucked and Daniels spent all of his time bringing his team back. And no offense but I will put more stock in evaluations from Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks than I will yours. That doesn’t mean they are always right, like everyone they have their misses, but they certainly have far more knowledge, and spend far more time watching these prospects and evaluating them than you do. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions and preferences for positions, but mine is clear, take the QB st 3 and build the offense around them. And anyone who thinks the Patriots are going to get past Mahomes, Allen, etc… in the AFC with Bo Nix or J. J. McCarthy is out of their mind.

Top 5-10
Marv
Nabers

Odunze

early 2nd
Thomas
Baker
Franklin

2nd-early 3rd
Ladd
Coleman
Walker
Polk
Cowing
Wilson

3rd
R Wilson

4th
Thrash
Worthy
Rice

Keon can sink, stop, flashes strong hands. He really has to work at the top of route. He has to have a better stem at the top of his routes. He just wins with physicality there. He was better at MSU though than this past year believeit or not. Doesn't have the production you want. I was a big fan early on but the closer you look you can't pick him RD1. Young, 20 on draft day. So plenty of reason to be hopeful but doesn't have a top 40 profile.

What do you think of Adonai Mitchell?

I need to see more on Polk because in the games I saw he seemed slow and not that strong. I've seen him break open with the ball and get tracked down from behind by people well behind him.

To be fair, those TEs all went really early, within the first 35-40 picks.
Agreed. But it was a need that Bill just ignored, as he has other needs for so many of the past several years.

#118 haha..

I’m convinced that if Gronk was an incoming college freshman right now, they would turn him into a 245 pound big slot. It’s just what tight ends are going to look like these days.

Agreed. But it was a need that Bill just ignored, as he has other needs for so many of the past several years.
Disagree, but the discussion really gets old.

We had Henry, Gesicki & Pharoah back there. We would have to trade down to take a TE when Gonzalez was staring us in the face. If it's me, I take Gonzalez 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST