PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Grades from Gosselin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBamsFan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Last edited:
Wow, I love Gosselin, but I disagree with all of his grades for the AFC BEast.

He is a rather tough grader.

He seems to like giving out C's! I thought the Jest had a better draft than a C and he gave the Bill's a B???????

He gave us a [C] based on what the lower round players did in college. I can respect that. But Belichick drafted them based on their ability to mold into how he views their role.

I think we lose a letter grade due to grabbing Gostkowski in the 4th. But I don't blame Belichick for grabbing him there. Stephen was the kicker he wanted...he had grabbed all the players he thought would contribute this year. Anyone picked next would be developmental anyways...so Gostkowski was picked in the middle of that.

Belichick had little to offer to move up to get him later. I am betting that he had his sights on O'Callaghan and Mincey at that point. His last two picks in the 6th were untradeable and the 7th rounder was a throwaway...he picked Gostkowski right were he fit in to his plans.

It was either pick Gostkowski there or lose Mincey and O'Callaghan...I say he played it right.

I can see what you're saying FBN, but like PatChick87 said. Jets a C and the Bills a B? I think it's closer to the reverse.

well this is the one that makes......

PatsChick87 said:
He seems to like giving out C's! I thought the Jest had a better draft than a C and he gave the Bill's a B???????

NO SENSE......I (and almost everyone else) thought Mangini had a good draft.....while everyone (including myself) thought that the Bills had a terrible draft.....can't figure this gosselin guy. His mock was right on in alot of the first......but he is dead wrong on us....and alot of other teams......He is most definitely "C" happy!!!

you know what?????

F.B.N. said:
He gave us a [C] based on what the lower round players did in college. I can respect that. But Belichick drafted them based on their ability to mold into how he views their role.

I think we lose a letter grade due to grabbing Gostkowski in the 4th. But I don't blame Belichick for grabbing him there. Stephen was the kicker he wanted...he had grabbed all the players he thought would contribute this year. Anyone picked next would be developmental anyways...so Gostkowski was picked in the middle of that.

Belichick had little to offer to move up to get him later. I am betting that he had his sights on O'Callaghan and Mincey at that point. His last two picks in the 6th were untradeable and the 7th rounder was a throwaway...he picked Gostkowski right were he fit in to his plans.

It was either pick Gostkowski there or lose Mincey and O'Callaghan...I say he played it right.

"I think we lose a letter grade due to grabbing Gostkowski in the 4th. But I don't blame Belichick for grabbing him there. "

If that is the case, then some of these guys don't know anything about football. When you are drafting, I don't care what anyone says...all the successful coaches/GM's draft based on NEED!!!!

What position did we NEED almost more than anything...and we couldn't fill it with FA????....KICKER!!!!! Why not draft the #1 prospect coming out of college that could prove to be "your" PK for the next 10 years (like Vinny was)....and spend a 4th on him. Alot of other teams have come out and said that they were eyeballing this kid...and if we hadn't have pulled the trigger....THEY would have.........doesn't matter...either way almost everyone got a "C" except Buff.....who somehow pulled off a "B" despite having a poor overall draft!!!

I'm a tough grader too. So, when I graded todays Parking Lot photo, I made sure that I took everything in consideration.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm a tough grader too. So, when I graded todays Parking Lot photo, I made sure that I took everything in consideration.

One of these days someone will tell the rest of us what and where this Parking Lot is. I've learned not to expect it anytime soon. Ditto for who that Ernie Adams guy is. I ask and everyone goes silent.

Last edited:
This entire draft grading idea is ludicrous, especially right after the draft. There are just so many things the graders don't know about the teams and the players, like what specifically drew the team to the player, how the player fits into the team's system, and what the team's intentions are for a certain player. Not to mention that some teams draft more based on need and some on value, and the grade also depends on which method the grader values more, It's like a blind person judging a beauty contest.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:

It took me a few months, but I finally found the famous parking lot you mention so often! Yippee. :)

smg93 said:
It took me a few months, but I finally found the famous parking lot you mention so often! Yippee. :)

Case in point. Some kind of hazing for forum newcomers I guess. (even newcomers with 800 posts)

This is of topic but I don't think I should start another thread for it. I was on a Colts board to see what the fans thought of their draft and I stumbled across this little gem:

Oh hell. You can't depend on Kiper. He puts **** in his hair to keep it straight. Those folks on espn and others like them just piss me flat off. The Colts will never get any respect from them. The Colts will win a SB but espn will not give the team any respect. They will always be *** kissers to the pats.

These Colts fans never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

shakadave said:
One of these days someone will tell the rest of us what and where this Parking Lot is. I've learned not to expect it anytime soon. Ditto for who that Ernie Adams guy is. I ask and everyone goes silent.
Near the top of this page, click on:

CHECK OUT THE ALL NEW PATSFANS.COM FRONT PAGE - CLICK HERE

When you get to the new page, click on Features and then select "The Parking Lot".

After you do that, I suspect your attention will be drawn to what everyone is talking about. Enjoy !! !!

shakadave said:

Ernie Adams--high school friend and long-time confidant of BB. See "Education of a Coach" by David Halberstam

From reading the grades that different pundits gave the Pats, it's safe to say that the Pats draft was terrible, mediocre, or excellent. My own feeling is that the Pats draft was a big surprise that confounded nearly everyone.

zippo59 said:
This is of topic but I don't think I should start another thread for it. I was on a Colts board to see what the fans thought of their draft and I stumbled across this little gem:

Oh hell. You can't depend on Kiper. He puts **** in his hair to keep it straight. Those folks on espn and others like them just piss me flat off. The Colts will never get any respect from them. The Colts will win a SB but espn will not give the team any respect. They will always be *** kissers to the pats.

These Colts fans never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

That guy is so far out of touch with reality that electric shock treatment would only make him think that his Colts actually won a meaningful playoff game.

shakadave said:

Ernie Adams and Bill have shared a Vulcan Mind Meld since their academy days, he's a confidante of Bill's in the mode of (deep voice-over)"Only the Shadow Knows" variety, with a similar passion and knowledge of the game of football.

The Parking lot, located as arrellbee describes, is an eye-candy site that has nothing to do with football, a parking lot, or even tail-gating...on second thought, scratch that last one!!!:D enjoyed by many of our manly members!
I'm still waiting for a "Thunder from Down Under" site for us gals!!!!!;)

shakadave said:

Ernie Adams is the Parking Lot Attendant. He's been there ever since the Stadium opened in 2002! Slip him a twenty, and he'll give you a good spot. It's all very hush-hush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back