PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Deion Sanders have a hearing problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He seems very uncomfortable on the NFL Network and is always yelliing.

Mariucci and Rich Eisen will be talking normally and then prime time starts screaming again.
Ive always kinda liked Deion but it's really annoying.. I just don't understand why he is always yelling..
does he have a hearing problem and maybe doens't realize how loud he is??

or

do rich eisen, mariucci and everyone else on the NFL network have the hearing problems and Deion is just accomodating (sp) them?

I don't know about a hearing problem but he has a "crappy announcer who ruins the show" problem. Eisen and Mariucci are really good; then there's Deion :mad:

Deion always yells, its part of his shtick. He yelled when he was on CBS.

He can be annoying but he said the best thing last week. They were talking about the best teams in the NFL and he said the Colts were the all mascara team. That like the date you take home who looks good at night, but the next morning without the mascara is not the same, the Colts always look good and then blow it in the playoffs, so they are his 'all mascara team'. :)

PatsFan-NH said:
He can be annoying but he said the best thing last week. They were talking about the best teams in the NFL and he said the Colts were the all mascara team. That like the date you take home who looks good at night, but the next morning without the mascara is not the same, the Colts always look good and then blow it in the playoffs, so they are his 'all mascara team'. :)

OMG, I heard that and I practically fell on the floor laughing. Have to give him credit where credit is due for that one!!!

The formula for these shows appears to be the two regular guys and the third guy for comic relief. Guess which role Deion the screaming clown plays.

Let me guess, he copies Michael Irvin and takes the part of the ignorant A*hole. There are so many other former players who do not feel that they have to continue to live up to what the media said that their persona was during their playing days.

BelichickFan said:
I don't know about a hearing problem but he has a "crappy announcer who ruins the show" problem. Eisen and Mariucci are really good; then there's Deion :mad:
I agree, that is hilarious.

He also has the "my act got old 7 years ago but no one ever told me" problem.

god he's annoying

It's kinda his thing. He plays the flamboyant, animated, larger than life character. It's the same reason why he and Irvin wear those crazy suits.

zippo59 said:
It's kinda his thing. He plays the flamboyant, animated, larger than life character. It's the same reason why he and Irvin wear those crazy suits.
Hey that's not fair.

You say "it's his thing" for Neon Deion

But you can't accept how Adam Schlefters talks??? LOL

comon now.

Just admit it, they both suck.

I'm tired of the inside joking when it goes on and on. The "Harrington, that's your boy coach..." directed to Mariucci is more than tiresome. Look, I love when they have fun on air, but get over it already.

Keegs said:
Hey that's not fair.

You say "it's his thing" for Neon Deion

But you can't accept how Adam Schlefters talks??? LOL

comon now.

Just admit it, they both suck.

I'm not saying the way he acts isn't obnoxious, cuz it is.

I think he does an excellent job. He’s a funny guy with a great personality.

When I was younger my father took my brother and I to a Sox vs. NY Yankee game in the Bronx. The center fielder for the Yankees made a spectacular catch up against the center field wall to rob Dwight Evans of a home run. When he ran off the field, the Yankee faithful gave him a standing ovation. Rickey Henderson had to push him up the dugout steps to take a bow as this young kid was somewhat shy under the baseball spotlight. The crowd roared as he tipped his hat and exposed his 1980’s style jerry curls hairstyle and the million dollar (but not at the time) smile. I was pissed that Dewey Evans was robbed of a HR, but I could appreciate a great catch. I asked my dad who he was and he said “that…is the best football player to ever come out of Florida State University". At the time he had never stepped on an NFL field.

Last edited:
zoostation said:

When I was younger my father took my brother and I to a Sox vs. NY Yankee game in the Bronx. The center fielder for the Yankees made a spectacular catch up against the center field wall to rob Dwight Evans of a home run. When he ran off the field, the Yankee faithful gave him a standing ovation. Rickey Henderson had to push him up the dugout steps to take a bow as this young kid was somewhat shy under the baseball spotlight. The crowd roared as he tipped his hat and exposed his 1980’s style jerry curls hairstyle and the million dollar (but not at the time) smile. I was pissed that Dewey Evans was robbed of a HR, but I could appreciate a great catch. I asked my dad who he was and he said “that…is the best football player to ever come out of Florida State University". At the time he had never stepped on an NFL field.

thats a good story, but as a football analyst he is terrible. Definetly yells too much, has little or nothing of value to add. And he's paired up with 2 people who are acutally good at their job.

zoostation said:

that really is a cool story. but i still think he sucks

Keegs said:
that really is a cool story. but i still think he sucks

Lol...that's fine. But you must admit....he was a one of a kind cover corner.

zoostation said:
the best. corner

zoostation said:

He couldn't tackle to save his life, though. Not much of a hitter, either.

Tunescribe said:
He couldn't tackle to save his life, though. Not much of a hitter, either.

Cover corner sorta implies that he is not very physical or a big hitter. But he rarely saw a pass thrown to his side of the field for most of his career. He belongs in the HOF.

zippo59 said:
Cover corner sorta implies that he is not very physical or a big hitter. But he rarely saw a pass thrown to his side of the field for most of his career. He belongs in the HOF.

Deion was a great cover guy but not a complete player -- sort of like a great scorer in basketball who didn't care to play defense. I remember seeing that guy go out of his way to avoid contact; he was almost always MIA in run support. He probably will make the Hall of Fame, but I hope it's not on his first eligibility for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back