PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Brady get an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think if he decides he is done in 2, that these 2 will be an exit in a blaze of glory exactly the way elway did.......finish strong, and walk away

although it would be nice for him to negotiate some kind of pay cut to help facilitate the process of signing mike wallace and and maybe ryan clady to replace vollmer

Given how little the money actually means to brady (given the combined money he and his wife have already made) vs his still shot at undisputed best ever (i think he needs to win 2 for non pats fans to be convinced of it), it would be in his best interest to cut his pay down to 10mil/year and use that extra 10 to sign a premier player (or two above avg players).

Imagine having both welker and a deep threat -- tbd deep threat,gronk, welker, lloyd, hernandez, ridley rotating 5 of 6 for most of the snaps with edelman, branch (or whoever), vareen, woodhead as subs would be awesome -- and would allow us to concentrate the draft totally on the d as well as pick up one or two other decent defensive players.

My feelings on BB...

I think he wants to coach beyond Brady's retirement. Why? Because he has the ego to want to show everyone that he can do it without Brady.

That said, what actually happens depends on the state of the team. If the team looks to be in a good position personnel and cap-wise (including having a serviceable replacement for Brady) then I think BB keeps going. Otherwise I think BB retires with Brady in order to not have crappy times without Brady and give fuel to his detractors.

As for me, given how rare HoF QBs are, I want the team to go all out to try to win it while Brady is here, even at the cost of the immediate post-Brady future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes