Asking for your support

Divisional Round - Pick 4 Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats
Falcons
Vikings (That D ONLY gave up 51 first downs in 16 games :eek::eek:)
Jags

However, none of my picks excuse the fact that
Ray Lewis still killed a guy though (and maybe a few others we have no knowledge of).

Last edited:
Am I picking my hope or my prediction?

Because my prediction is

NE PIT NO ATL

My hope is

NE JAX MIN PHI
My hope is your hope. And that’s what I’m going to predict as well because f*** it why not: NE JAX MIN PHI.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s NE PIT NO ATL, though.

What I think, Pats, Pitt, Minn, Phila. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Closing line kinda guy.

Last edited:
tumblr_mupbpdKllB1sphl01o1_250.gif
In that case, you may find yourself unable to update your forum name to the exact same one if Brady does win #6. Sorry, but you made me do it.

Eagles will be the biggest surprise. Last year, in the midst of losing streak, the Eagles beat the Falcons. Their D matches up very well against the Falcons. I think they will run the ball efficiently with Blount and Ajai and control Ryan.

Pats
Jags The squealers have an ego problem, looking past the Jags will be fatal
Saints
Falcons

Ray Lewis killed two guys, meaning that "Ray Lewis killed a guy" is also true. Then Falcons, Vikings, Jags. Patriots if I had six votes! ;)

4-0 last week

Eagles
Pats
Vikings
Jaguars

The Sunday games are really close in our poll.

The obvious picks are Pats, Steelers, Falcons and then coin flip Vikings/Saints. But there will be at least 1 upset this week.

Titans @ Patriots - Winner Patriots - I want to just get this one out of the way even though it is not going in order. The Patriots are just too much better than the Titans to lose IMO. It might be close early but the Pats pull away at some point. The pats will end up getting way ahead of the 3rd and killing the clock in the 4th. Brady has a solid and clean day. It think the break and getting Hogan back does a lot to heal his foot. Gronk and the RBs have a great day and Cooks while not a big part of the offense gets one over the top when they decide to double/triple Gronk on the wrong play.

Pats 31 Titans 13

Brady 3 TDs 0 Ints 300 yards 21/33
Lewis 15 rushes 65 yard, 4 catches 40 yards 1 TD rushing 1 TD receiving
Gillislee 10 rushes 40 yards (mostly at the end)
Gronk 5 catches 70 yards 1 TD (more of a distraction this game as the Titans try to take him out of the game)
White 4 catches 50 yards (Burkhead i don't think plays so this smells like a white game to me. The Titans are REALLY bad at defending RBs who catch.)
Cooks 5 catches 110 yards 1 TD (with a big 50 yarder in there).

Falcons @ Eagles - Winner Eagles - I think at least one of the Falcons/Steelers will blow their game. In this fairly weak year a lot of questionable teams have failed in big spots. The young Rams were not ready for prime time and the Chiefs still have yet to figure out how to win in the playoffs. That trend will continue in round 2 with a lot of very questionable teams having surprise loses. The Falcons are good on D but average on O this year. This will likely be a defensive type game which favors the Eagles.

They will get in Ryan's face and get a lot of key sacks (something Ryan is known to give up) and force some turnovers. This Falcons team has not looked the same this year and it has had a really good past 2 weeks beating 2 quality teams. Time for Mr. Hyde to show up and the defense to give up a few key big plays.

Eagles 24 Falcons 17

Key stats. Eagles hold the Falcons to under 60 yards rushing and force Ryan to try to beat them under pressure. He throws 3 Ints and has a 50-60 passer rating.

Jags @ Steelers - Winner Jags! - I already picked an upset so why am I picking 2? Cause the 13-3 Steelers are completely looking past this team. News flash. This ain't the Titans. You need to be focused cause this D is for real and Bortles isn't going to follow maybe his worst passing game all year with an even worse one.

The Steelers will look to rely on the killer Bs but just like last time Bell will be stopped and it will fall on Brown to win. The Jags will keep it close looking for mistakes to capitalize on. They won't get 5 ints but they will get a few. Once they get the first interception and Ben starts to have flash backs I expect the wheels to start to fall off. Especially when the pressure really starts to hit him. Ben will try to do too much and he will screw up. If Pitt doesn't get ahead early they are in big trouble. I think this will be a rare game decided by the first half. If it is close after that and Pitt feels like they need to rely on Ben cause the run game isn't working then look out. Also when they hit Brown hard he will start to curl up due to his injury and this team will be quick to blame each other if thing don't go smoothly.

Jags 20 (getting 7 from a short field turnover) Steelers 16

Saints @ Vikings - Winner Vikings - I just think the Saints D isn't all that good. Lattimore is a beast but if you play away from him they Saints D is meh. Also the Vikings have a sick run D which will shut down the Saints running game. It will be a great game and the true NFCCG!

Vikings 26 Saints 23(OT)

Last edited:
Patriots
Jaguars
Saints
Falcons

Pats
Squealers
Eagles- They will pulled the shocker and win.
Vikings.

Who voted for the eagles? Even eagles fans aren't voting for the eagles.

I laugh at you guys who have two sets of picks, the ones you hope for and the ones you actually think.

We're Patriots fans guys, we've had 17 straight winning seasons, 8 straight first round byes, 6 straight AFC Championship Game appearances, 7 Super Bowls, 5 Super Bowl victories and we have the two biggest comebacks in Super Bowl history.

Let's face it, we live charmed lives as fans. We make our own reality.

If you want the Jags, then the Jags it is!

What I think, Pats, Pitt, Minn, Phila. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Closing line kinda guy.

What type of bet are you thinking? If I bet the pats game I’m thinking spread or pats over on the total.

The Steelers may blow out the jags. But if I’m getting more than 7 with that jags defense and the possibility of Pittsburgh being flat, I have to take it.

Already locked in -2.5 on Atlanta. Went heavy (for me) 115 to win 100

Vikings line going up. It’s at 4.5. Looks like it’s going to go to 5. I love the Vikings if I can get it at 3 at -130 or better. That looks unlikely right now. I see this being a 1 score game either way so if it gets to 5 or higher I’m going saints. At 4-4.5 I have a really tough decision to make.

Maybe I’ll do a 6 team teaser this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore