PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Disciplinary Action for Officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAllan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Is it time to start thinking about discipline for officials? Now, I'm not talking about the blown touchdown call on occasion, I'm talking continued disregard for on-field situations. I'm watching videos of the Andre Johnson / Courtland Finnegan debacle... Even in this video on the NFL's own site:

NFL Videos: Sound FX: In Andre Johnson's corner

Finnegan grabbed his facemask on every play... it's ridiculous. Dude should've gotten 15 yard penalties on every play until he got pulled or stopped. Andre Johnson even told the officials. I'm not even sure after watching all this that Johnson was out of line. Those rules are there to protect your neck. That's more serious in a lot of ways than the helmet to helmet stuff, I think.

This fight only happened because the officials did squat leading up to it.

Refund the man. Suspend Finnegan. And something oughtta happen to those officials, I think.

Maybe I'm just not interpreting this situation clearly, but I just keep seeing stuff and thinking "c'mon."

Remember the way we have all complained about how the officials are calling it crooked when Polian is in the building. Don't forget that Fisher is on the same committee with Polian, so if you buy into the idea that Polian gets the benefit of the doubt with officials, you have to apply the same logic to the Titans.

It is very clear that penalties should have been called beforehand.

In this circumstance I think so.

If the official is not going to do squat what exactly does anyone expect Johnson to do?

I agree with the OP. Johnson even told the official to watch him and what he was doing and the ref just says that he's watching him every play.
No way.
Andre, go ahead and appeal that fine.
It's Innigan that should have been fined and suspended not Andre.
And yes, that official should also be fined for letting it get to that point.
To say nothing of Fischer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick