PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin Street Claimed Off Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be stunned if they sign Floyd. They're already 5 deep with Cooks, Edelman, Mitchell, Hogan & Amendola.

I'm guessing they're tentatively hopeful to get 2 WR out of Street, Carr and Hollister onto the PS [unless there's an injury situation somewhere along the line].

I like Floyd too. I like that he's a different kind of WR than the Patriots have with his size and physicality. Just think he's been squeezed out & is unlikely to get an offer in NE.

Yeah. Barring injury to one of the top five, it is highly unlikely that they'd re-sign Floyd with the intention of including him on the 53-man roster.

OTOH, if he's still unemployed by mid-July (a month after his house arrest is over, and just before veterans can begin reporting to Camps), then I could see the Pats signing him for Camp/pre-season to a one-year "redemption" deal ... say, +/- $250k guaranteed on a contract worth a nominal $5M or so (IOW, the actual net cost to the Pats if he's cut at the end of Camp is only $250k, but the $5M shows other teams what he'd be willing to sign for).

It would be good for the Pats to have another high-quality, experienced NFL vet in Camp for the DBs/LBs to practice against and to maybe show the youngsters like Street, Carr and the Hollisters (both) a thing or two (especially about WR blocking). In the past, the Pats have often brought various vets in to fill out the Camp roster, even when they have very little chance of surviving final cuts, so it wouldn't be all that unusual.

Assuming that other teams have been reluctant to sign Floyd, it helps Floyd to get back into playing condition (after missing all OTAs) and to reassure those other teams with an opportunity to show his stuff in pre-season games.

Anyway, I like Floyd mainly because I see a bit of Anquan Boldin in him.

Remember the days when we couldn't find a wide out, when we were using Slater!!! My how the times have changed!!!

Agreed. This was the first draft that I can remember where I saw no reason to draft a WR.

Was a binkie of mine in the draft a few years back but he never put it together. At this point highly doubtful he ever will

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes