PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Devin Asiasi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
You can use them in line, slot, backfield I believe, out wide. Definitely has some position flexibility they can make a significant contribution from each considering his blocking skills.
With your pretty good shows good functional strength, decent Leverage, leg Drive and keeps his feet moving. Generates some decent power. Has to be more accurate with his hands and keep his blocks a lil longer but he has potential here.

Threat at all 3 levels. Esp up the seam out the slot. Delayed/leak out the backfield/inline. Good job at making himself big and available. He can pick up chunks for sure.

Hands need work. Not someone who was clutch in traffic or through contact.

Monster YAC target though. Big time weapon here. He accelerates and moves well for a big dude.

He's a decent weapon that can move around.

Had a high 3rd on him. On the PTP list in 3rd. 3 for 3 so far there.
Screenshot_2020-04-24-23-19-02.png

You can use them in line, slot, backfield I believe, out wide. Definitely has some position flexibility they can make a significant contribution from each considering his blocking skills.
With your pretty good shows good functional strength, decent Leverage, leg Drive and keeps his feet moving. Generates some decent power. Has to be more accurate with his hands and keep his blocks a lil longer but he has potential here.

Threat at all 3 levels. Esp up the seam out the slot. Delayed/leak out the backfield/inline. Good job at making himself big and available. He can pick up chunks for sure.

Hands need work. Not someone who was clutch in traffic or through contact.

Monster YAC target though. Big time weapon here. He accelerates and moves well for a big dude.

He's a decent weapon that can move around.

Had a high 3rd on him. On the PTP list in 3rd. 3 for 3 so far there.
View attachment 27088

With PatsfanKen semi-retired and Kontra now playing DI sidekick you are now the forum superstar IMO. Thank you so much for these detailed unemotional posts. Breath of fresh air.

With PatsfanKen semi-retired and Kontra now playing DI sidekick you are now the forum superstar IMO. Thank you so much for these detailed unemotional posts. Breath of fresh air.

Lol wut

Appreciate it. Honestly just wanna talk ball and have a good time with everyone. We're all Pats fans. Shouldn't be trolling each other. Should be having fun talking football.

Meh. Granted I'm judging off highlight tape, but I dont see a guy that is breaking many tackles. I would still like to see if they might take another Pac TE in Parkinson.

8F6C034E-158B-47BC-8CFF-BE6712EFD688.jpeg

In case your wondering if Joe Judge has any shot to succeed in NY.

Sure as hell beats the likes of Matt ladroppe, ghost of Ben Watson and Ryan Izzo

asiasi kinda looks like tua

Too little (literally: Asiasi's a feckin midget for a TE) too late...Shoulda picked Trautman...

Betcha that Little Old Billy Notgoat got himself anal raped (Again) in the trade-up...
6'3" 260 pound midget. Ok.

I hate to say it, but doesn't asi-asi mean "so so" in Spanish? We're doomed!

Athleticism and upside are obvious. His highlight tape is hella impressive. Question is attitude and dedication.
Charlie Casserly just discussed him in the post-draft analysis. Commented positively on him as a blocker. Blocking is one of the things I look for in a tight end. It seems quite a few of them aren’t committed to doing the hard work required to be a good blocker. So for his blocking to be noteworthy suggests to me that his attitude and dedication must be pretty good.

Charlie Casserly just discussed him in the post-draft analysis. Commented positively on him as a blocker. Blocking is one of the things I look for in a tight end. It seems quite a few of them aren’t committed to doing the hard work required to be a good blocker. So for his blocking to be noteworthy suggests to me that his attitude and dedication must be pretty good.
So when I look at OL/TE I just want/need to them to be good enough. I'm not looking for dominance although that's obviously ideal. Usually the defender is a better athlete so I'm not interested in a win. A "win" is much more important for a front 7 defender.

For TE's I'm looking for effort, size and technique. Be + in those categories and you'll have a good blocker.

His technique needs some work for sure. It's unbelievable how important your initial step is for blocking and the difference between this angle and one a tiny bit tighter or narrow. His effort, drive is good but I'd like to see coaches help him utilize w/e length he has a little better off that initial first step. He's a bulldog at 6'3/260 - 33 inch arms. Tools are there.
He's shows potential though. There are reps when he'll do everything right up until the finish. Considering that's not something he was asked to do regularly you can understand. He played a lot of detached/slot so he wasn't asked with sustained blocks on the regular. Again some real decent snaps til the actual finish. You see that with a lot of players across the board. Murray showed some great stuff until he had to find hia opponents hands and disengage.

So it's there, you just gotta locate what they do well & pull it out of them. Don't sweat the small stuff, no ones perfect.

He's a pretty fluid mover at 260. Even at 6'3 that's a big dude. Running 4.7 looking more like a glider when he gets going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots