PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatestEVER

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the game this Sunday and I just couldn't see how the Pats would lose this game. I know the defense is horrible in terms of passing yards allowed, but the least number of points we have scored this year was against the number 1 defense in the league at Pitt.

I just think that scoring 21-24 points in this game will be enough considering how bad the Tebow led Bronco offense can look at times. I personally think Tebow is going to have around 250-270 yards passing, but I think this D has shown that it is good in the red zone.

I also think that the Pats O won't have trouble against this D. I know they have Dumervil and Miller, but outside rushers have never really bothered Brady (i.e Freeney & Mathis or Pitts NORMAL Zone Blitz), and against the blitz he is actually really good. He has trouble against the interior pass rush, which I don't think Denver has from what I have seen. You could see how Pitt this year changed from zone to more man to man, and instead of blitzing just sent 4.

Bailey is probably going to move to the slot to cover Welker, while they would double team Gronk and chip him at the line like the Pats did with Witten and Gates earlier in the year. Welker had some success against Revis when the Jets tried this, so I think that Welker should be able to have some success against Bailey. Because of this I'm expecting Hernandez to have a big game.

I really think the offense should score 30-40 points, but even if they don't I still think 21-24 points should be enough. I also think BB will stop Tebow like he has done with a lot of rookies before, at least I hope he does.

Sure, we'll score a lot of points, but let's also consider that we can make average quarterbacks look great.

Even so, I still see us winning.

Tebow time? No. it 's TB time:p

I can see the Patriots' offense struggling on the road against a good Broncos defense. Also remember, historically the Patriots have struggled against the Broncos (I believe Brady is 1-5 against them). It will be key for the Patriots to start off fast and make the Broncos one dimensional, and to make sure that they keep the Broncos running game in check on first and second down, and make Tebow beat them in Third and Long situations. And lastly make sure that they don't beat themselves in mistakes, turnovers, and penalties, especially in a close game in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Sure, we'll score a lot of points, but let's also consider that we can make average quarterbacks look great.

Even so, I still see us winning.

Yeh I am not debating the D being good or bad, but I just don't feel like Tebow is going to score a lot, but he will get his yards. I can see the score being 38-3 or 38-17 between those scores. I'm leaning ore towards 38-3 just because I don't think Tebow is a better passer than Tyler Palko, and we held him to 3 points. The only way I see the Pats allowing him to score a lot is if our D sh!ts the bed trying to contain him on the run.

Yeh I am not debating the D being good or bad, but I just don't feel like Tebow is going to score a lot, but he will get his yards. I can see the score being 38-3 or 38-17 between those scores. I'm leaning ore towards 38-3 just because I don't think Tebow is a better passer than Tyler Palko, and we held him to 3 points. The only way I see the Pats allowing him to score a lot is if our D sh!ts the bed trying to contain him on the run.

This is Denver!! 38 points for a Patriot team there sounds over-exuberant.

Expect a big win with some garbage time points from denver in the 4th...denver doesn't have enough talent to hang with the pats

Only reason we are talking so much about denver is due to the media acting like denver is headed to the SB....

But look at their games tebow won and the opponents..and the Chicago game that the bears gave to them.

Not worried. Just sucks i will miss the game because of work. But i actually don't mind because the announcers will be all over tebow the entire game

Just sucks i will miss the game because of work. But i actually don't mind because the announcers will be all over tebow the entire game

If you'll miss the game, be sure to DVR it.......or you could TeBow it.:cool:

IMO this should be a big win as I just dont see how the denver offense can keep up with the Patriots offense.

As the OP mentioned the Steelers kept us to the lowest point total and if Denver can do that they still might lose as they dont score alot.

Much has pointed out that we give up so much yards via the passing game and this is the one area that gives me concern because if we do let them march up and down the field like so many others have they will likely have better red zone success vs us then most because of the duel running threats of Tebow and McGahee.

Good news is I am not sure Fox is ready to let Tebow try and pick apart our secondary and he likely wouldnt have the sucess of Orlovsky as he isnt a good passer.

Good news is I am not sure Fox is ready to let Tebow try and pick apart our secondary and he likely wouldnt have the sucess of Orlovsky as he isnt a good passer.
:eek:

Wow. Pats let a 5-Year 2nd/3rd stringer have his best passing day ever—by about 100 yds.

That actually makes me feel better about the Broncos' chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes