PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Declared OUT: Neal, Wilson, Graham, Hochstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, only because he's injured both shoulders. ;)

pats1 said:
The OL that will be active are:

Light
Mankins
Koppen
O'Callaghan
Kaczur
Britt
Yates

LT: Light
LG: Mankins
C: Koppen
RG: Yates
RT: O'Callaghan

OT: Kaczur
OT: Britt

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaczur starts at RG, either.

I was gonna say that. If Kaczur is healthy, he'd be my pikc to start over Yates...

On another note, looking at that list, I am just sitting here acknowledging how much I LOVE Logan Mankins!

He's a bad-a s s and he's out there every week!

ADPF

Last edited:
Urgent said:
Wilson's out again too, huh?

The Patriots safety rotation has banged up for the past year. Hawkins to save the day again.

I give Wilson the nod over Hawkins when it comes to speed, but other than that, I'm not sure we're not beter off with Hawkins than Wilson.

Also, Belichick and staff do such a good job of making us (and I assume the players) think we're playing the '85 Bears every week, that we forget that our opponents have issues, too.

Minnesota is banged up at wideout, I believe, so the secondary will be okay, I think.

ADPF

Box_O_Rocks said:
It is, only because he's injured both shoulders. ;)

Thanks, I meant the one that kept him out of action for so long early in his career. ;) I'm pretty nervous about this injury.....................:(

Coast2CoastPatsFan said:
Thanks, I meant the one that kept him out of action for so long early in his career. ;) I'm pretty nervous about this injury.....................:(
My understanding was that both shoulders were injured, each one costing him a season - he was forced to wear a special harness that prevents him from reaching up to far...

Box_O_Rocks said:
My understanding was that both shoulders were injured, each one costing him a season - he was forced to wear a special harness that prevents him from reaching up to far...

Yeah, I think you're right........I don't remember if he's injured both shoulders or not since being a Patriot. In any case, a serious injury to Neal would definitely hurt the running game. If the Pats are going to win tonight I think it will have to be in the passing game.

If Kaczur starts tonight...

LT - Light (2001, 2nd round)
LG - Mankins (2005, 1st round)
C - Koppen (2003, 5th round)
RG - Kaczur (2005, 3rd round)
RT - O'Callaghan (2006, 5th round)

Not too many teams can attest to having their entire starting line being recent draft picks.

If Kaczur's healthy enough to start tonight, I wonder if they wouldn't put him in at RT and move O'Callaghan inside to RG.

O'C has struggled the last few games at tackle, seeming to have trouble getting his hands on his guy. At guard, he'd be able to make easier use out of his size + power.

Pat_Nasty said:
If Kaczur's healthy enough to start tonight, I wonder if they wouldn't put him in at RT and move O'Callaghan inside to RG.

O'C has struggled the last few games at tackle, seeming to have trouble getting his hands on his guy. At guard, he'd be able to make easier use out of his size + power.

That's a good point.
We'll see who lines up where soon enough. I still expect Yates to get the nod, but you never know what BB has up his sleeves. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe