PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola is a free agent

Danny Devito Smh GIF

Last edited:
Danny is probably hearing crickets in FA.

This made me chuckle. DA hates BB because the HC made him take a pay cut. Sign or don’t sign, DA. It’s your choice, ultimately. Or should I organize a bottle drive in the village (or a bake sale) to help him pay the bills ?

DA might indeed hate BB. But the latter didn’t force anyone to sign anything.

I don’t disagree that it is ultimately the player’s decision, but we all liked the fact that numerous Patriot player’s, like Brady and Gronk, took less than market value to have a chance to win rings, and now most of them show resentment at having done so. Belichick is a hard ass, and that’s both good and bad, the franchise, the player’s, and the fans all benefitted from his ways, but it also clearly led to some anger and resentment. Amendola won’t be coming back to NE.

I don’t disagree that it is ultimately the player’s decision, but we all liked the fact that numerous Patriot player’s, like Brady and Gronk, took less than market value to have a chance to win rings, and now most of them show resentment at having done so. Belichick is a hard ass, and that’s both good and bad, the franchise, the player’s, and the fans all benefitted from his ways, but it also clearly led to some anger and resentment. Amendola won’t be coming back to NE.
As many have said DA was huge in the playoffs and ok/injured during the regular season. BB is pretty hardline on getting maximum value for the money. In this case I think it is fair to say that part of the situation was the fact that DA never really lived up to his initial contract. This led to a steady team mandated salary cuts. If DA felt that he was worth the money, he could have told BB to pay him or cut him so he could get more elsewhere. I would only consider him for the shadow roster as a mid season emergency.

Amendola took the pay cuts because he liked to win Super Bowls and liked playing with Brady and Edelman. He has earned 38 million dollars in his 14 year NFL career, 17 million of it with the Patriots. Loved his clutch performances, but his supposed grudge with Belichick is just another example of a professional athlete who doesn't know how lucky he has been.

Amendola should be the last person complaining about pay cuts with Bill as Bill gave him a very generous contract in 2013 for absolutely no reason.

Last edited:
We already have Bourne and Meyers on the roster, how many slow receivers can one team have,

in my opinion he’s had success as a Patriot, winning Superbowls, what else would you want?

Regular season, not a great player, but I remember two things, one, his very first game was a tough game in Buffalo and he played his heart out, helped us coming back to the game big time, we won the game but he tore his groin right there.
Two, Edelman who was a role player until then, made a huge jump becoming the successor for Welker and becoming one of the greatest Patriots receiver ever. Just some of those things that maybe have changed the whole story

At his peak, he produced about as much as Meyers does for us now.

I'd sign him for a playoff run though.
By the numbers, maybe, but Myers got his first TD last year. DA was a stud in huge games! He might have more TDs in super bowls than Myers has total.

Last edited:
his very first game was a tough game in Buffalo and he played his heart out, helped us coming back to the game big time, we won the game but he tore his groin right there.

I was at that game. Amendola made one of the greatest catches I've ever seen -- a long pass from Brady over the middle he had to lay out for horizontally. Now I'll need to go searching for that highlight clip, I hope it exists somewhere.

Edit: Found it pretty easily!

Last edited:
One pf the all time Patriots for the 2nd dynasty run. At this point, any reunion would be risky due to his age and whether he would have chemistry with Mac. Could be a short stay through the summer for him if they did kick the tires on him.

One pf the all time Patriots for the 2nd dynasty run. At this point, any reunion would be risky due to his age and whether he would have chemistry with Mac. Could be a short stay through the summer for him if they did kick the tires on him.
I remember Danny working his *** off to overcome injuries and get on the field.

And then he would make the toughest catches, at the biggest moments.

Danny has already expressed disdain for BB and his negotiating tactics. Reunion is not happening

Last edited:
That's what Danny hears in Free agency crickets.
crickets GIF

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back