PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dalvin Cook sued in civil suit; NFL/ESPN try desperately to spin it

The issue for the Patriots were the texts Brown sent threatening his accuser. And of course it didn't help that we were in the midst of Spagate.

I’m talking about the league, though…not the Patriots.

Well at least he didn't smoke marijuana or potentially play with an under inflated football.

I actually took it as a joke.
It's odd how a sad but true fact like that can immediately get over-reactions.

It was clearly a joke, but it was also a terribly ignorant one.

Defunding the police (a TERRIBLE slogan) is not about reducing the police's ability to investigate crimes. It is mostly about de-militarizing the police and investing money in more preventive measures.

Whatever the truth is, when a jury sees this, Cook will be cooked.
50308567-10184995-Trimble_s_lawsuit_which_has_been_obtained_by_DailyMail_com_inclu-m-28_1636557139250.jpg

50304413-10184995-The_lawsuit_which_was_filed_in_Dakota_County_District_Court_also-m-1_1636568074694.jpg

Cook better hope i am not on the jury, know people who talk like this to those they are beating up. come back to me. This will end badly for Cook, the way they manipulated the media yesterday to try and get ahead of the story. They made the woman appear crazy.
Gotta say... this enrages me. If this girl was our daughter... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edit: And if he was our son, God help me, I would absolutely turn him in to the police.

Last edited:
The Rooney family needs to file a civil suit against him as well. He beat their defense like a rented mule.

Fixed it for you. The actual league mirrors society. There’s an extra darkness in the League office that is unapologetic and unafraid to operate in the daylight.
Oh man, you wanna talk about a corrupt front office? Geez. This league is 100% a meat market. They only care about one thing: keeping the money flowing in.

The League ended up doing nothing, although technically the investigation was never formally closed:

Doing nothing? They immediately announced they would investigate the matter and brought in the accuser. This was done within weeks, whereas most of these other cases take months and months.

Then he was suspended for the first 8 games of the 2020 season. They rolled all of his off-field conduct into one suspension, but the sexual assault allegation was clearly the main target, even if they claim otherwise. There's no way he would be suspended 8 games for punching someone on a delivery truck and throwing furniture off a balcony.

Gotta say... this enrages me. If this girl was our daughter... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Can anyone tell me why the NFL hasn't done anything with Cook? This is beyond bizarre.

Can anyone tell me why the NFL hasn't done anything with Cook? This is beyond bizarre.
Agreed. While there are 2 sides to every story, and Cook should have every right to give his side, it sure don't look good based on the images and accompanying texts. But for some reason, this issue just hasn't gotten much attention.

One version of Cook's story I've seen (and there is 'alleged video' that supports and witnesses who were at Cooks residence who purpotedly support it) is that she broke in with a garage door opener, 'assaulted' (by the legal definition) him and threatened to retrieve a firearm, then was brandishing said firearm and threatening guests before he defended himself/his guests. There was mace or bear spray (she grabbed in garage on way in - she admits this) involved somewhere too.

The 'alleged video' shows a woman push Cooks then impede him from leaving the situation. The guests ask her to stop that. She admits to hitting Cooks, and iirc threatens to do it again before mentioning she was grabbing a gun.

She seems to fully admit (iirc) she was there without permission after flying in...the alleged victim is/was enlisted as well. IIRC, think there was even an espn piece on her doing some sort of grappling training with men a few years back. This can be found on youtube.

There were also inconsistencies with the blue check mark or something on the purported messages between the two. Wrong number of "frills" around the curcular edge or something.

But sure, **** Cooks. No wonder she didn't go to police. No doubt Cooks didn't trust to get them involved either, despite witnesses. He wouldn't be wrong not to.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back