PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Patriots will be "extremely and uncharacteristically" aggressive in Free Agency

Zero impact or influence on yesterday and today
I think the biggest influence is that BB either no longer has the longevity for a slow rebuild (ala 2009-2014) or just no longer wants to coach through one. He’s been pretty blunt about coaching after 70. But to think someone as competitive as he is doesn’t want to prove that he can win without Brady is a bit naive. The guy isn’t a robot. He’s human. Prone to human emotions. Of course he wants to prove he can win without Brady. That and the wins record are pretty much the only two things he has left to possibly accomplish in his career.

I think the biggest influence is that BB either no longer has the longevity for a slow rebuild (ala 2009-2014) or just no longer wants to coach through one. He’s been pretty blunt about coaching after 70. But to think someone as competitive as he is doesn’t want to prove that he can win without Brady is a bit naive. The guy isn’t a robot. He’s human. Prone to human emotions. Of course he wants to prove he can win without Brady. That and the wins record are pretty much the only two things he has left to possibly accomplish in his career.
Let me explain.

I think you are spot-on. The time on Bill's status as active NFL coach and Bob as active NFL owner is coming to an end sooner rather than later. They know it. That might have played into some of what happened this week.

However, I don't necessarily think Bill ( and Bob) any jealousy of Tom's success or something childish of that nature is what fueled their spending. Nor do I think this week's shopping spree was because they want to stick it to Tom.

I think it was more about a perfect storm of financial flexibility, a crappy 2019 roster with a ton of holes and a whole lot of pride and competitive juices still coursing through their veins and they were opportunistic in capitalizing on it.

This was their plan and they are executing it.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back