PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Jason McCourty be here and Devin... no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Family

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Could Jason McCourty fit in as a minimum salary role player, if he wanted. He's a reliable player. It may be viewed as having a Danny Amendola type of veteran presence on defense for little cap.

Meanwhile, if cut, Devin might be offered a contract we won't be interested in matching.

I suspect Jason could be offered a contract respectably above minimum for his play this year.

Think it’s possible. Dunno if it’s probable.

With D-Mac, you know that any interested team wants him to start at free safety. I think the problem with J-Mac is that he could get #2 CB money on a short term deal in the right scheme, but the Patriots probably see him as more of a #3 in most matchups.

I think both will stay. Jason had never been in the post season and has been on some bootleg operations. I would take a hunch that Jason and Devin would be happy to stay on the same squad for another shot together. I think both are the player BB wants to coach. Would be surprised if it didn’t work itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back