PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Bill get through a baseball season with having the same stance towards the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tb12goesinya

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm listening to the NY media chew up the Mets manager and GM today over Callaway and Vargas blowing their lids on a reporter yesterday. It is like a reality TV show, the reporters want to know every detail. Such a dramatic circus, and they pathetically oblige their every whim. They are being draggged around by their b*lls by weasle reporters who barely contribute anything of value to their dying rags or to society.

Thank goodness for coach Bellichick. Never personally disrespectful, but draws a firm line and sticks to it. The best.

I think it would be hilarious seeing him grind through a tough 162 game season though lol

It would be tough on the media, Bill would be just fine.

OFC Bill could.
The media...not so much.

Dan Shaughnessy would be crapping all over himself daily... Borges and he could tag team.

I actually think he would be a lot more forthcoming. Baseball is a game of easily discernible strategy. A lot of the media's questions actually regard that. Hit and run, bunting, stealing, pulling a pitcher for a pinch hitter.

Football writers don't ask why he was in a single high safety when the offense was in a certain formation/or personnel.

BB will talk football just don't ask him how he "feels" about something. You ask him why he ran a certain play he will tell you.

BB would not be able to control a lockerroom in MLB though with the contracts in place.

Bill would have no issues.

I think the issues would come from ownership

I actually think he would be a lot more forthcoming. Baseball is a game of easily discernible strategy. A lot of the media's questions actually regard that. Hit and run, bunting, stealing, pulling a pitcher for a pinch hitter.

Football writers don't ask why he was in a single high safety when the offense was in a certain formation/or personnel.
True, but they do ask why he went for it on 4th and 2 or why a certain defensive back saw no playing time (save 1 special teams coverage play) in a big game. (Not that he answers those questions, but they do at least ask)

I always wondered how a Belichickian manager would handle MLB. Imagine not revealing your lineup - or starting pitcher - until the last possible moment (which I believe is the exchange of lineup cards before the game, but don’t quote me on that).

Last edited:
My initial thought is yes, but upon review I'm not so sure. He appears to reluctantly tolerate the media. In a 16 game season, he's clearly figured out a way to make that work. Now compress 10 NFL seasons worth of games into just one MLB season and imagine him doing the same. I'm picturing him going 100-62 and having to deal with the sky-is-falling interviews for those 62 losses. Has he even lost 62 games in his 19 season NE career?

Let's just say I wouldn't fault him if he cracked.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes