PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coming Out of the Closet

situational_awareness

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've also lurked here for awhile and decided to create an account and join in. I was hesitant at first because of the ridiculousness that becomes associated with you as soon as you say you are a Tebow fan. It's automatically assumed that you care nothing about football except Tim Tebow related stuff.

I'm a football fan, period. Fantasy football takes over my life for the entire football season and I watch 7-8 games a week. I love watching the Pats and always try to get Brady and Welker on my teams.

Full disclosure, I am a Gator and support all of my fellow alumni in professional sports. I won't be supporting Ahern if he is found to be guilty, though.

My views on Tebow...

He should not ever come on the field to replace THE GOAT, Tom Brady. Not even for one single down. He should not be used as a TE/RB/FB, or punt protector. He is the QB3 and should sit his ass on the sidelines and learn from Brady and Belichick while he is on the Pats. If he beats out Mallet for QB2, hey that's great, but it's whatever to me. If he was on the Jags or a team like that, well then yes he should start. BTW, greatest college football player of all time.

My views on Brady...

The best QB in the game right now. No, not Peyton the choker... not ARod... not Brees... TFB!

My views on the Jets...

Hate em. Especially their loud mouth coach. Can't wait to see Sanchez burn, then see them go all in on Geno and that blows up in their face too. :D I was indifferent to them before Rex Ryan became the coach. Once he started piping off all the time, I grew to dislike them. It was well before Tebowgate.

Looking forward to contributing!

Welcome to the board! You're not the only Tebow fan here, and I agree with your post 100%. I can't believe the great luck of TT getting to sit on the bench at #3 and just be able to watch Brady from close up! And to have the media's mouth sewn shut by BB.

Brady is the GOAT but I never joined a Pats board before because what do they need me for? They have a gazillion fans already, but here I am. Brady is so clutch, and now I don't have to feel guilty for rooting for the superpower anymore. Mwahahahahaha!

This doesn't mean I will stop being a Packers fan too. I'm allowed to have 2 teams that I root for because I'm a woman. But I agree that I still have to call the pocket when I shoot pool with you. Anyway, it's not like I post on any Packers fan boards or anything. I was just raised that way. LOLz.

It really is like coming out of the closet, lol.

I've loved football since I could hold one, but it's true that being a fan of Tim's brands me in a way I don't like, because it is miles away from who I really am, since the impression has been created by people who are nothing like me. It's a shame and I hope over time the silent majority of us will become more vocal. It's partially up to me to make that happen, so here I am.

Anyhow, football is my game and I know the Pats get it done, so I'm jazzed about this season. :rocker:

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back