PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts cheated and still lost

Probably figured they wouldn't see them.

The most infamous example of a snow-clearing violation came in New England in 1982, when the Patriots kicked a game-winning field goal to win 3-0 in what is now known as the Snowplow Game.
Wasn't this legal at the time...?

As told by John Hannah, the NFL reviewed it and found it was not prohibited.

It is, however, the perfect counter-story when Don Shula is reveling in his perfect season. The story still really pisses him off, which I expect is the reason the plow found a home in the Hall of Fame.

Despite hating threads that turn into... IF THE PATRIOTS DID THIS ....
Clearly this act by the Colts staff was a coordinated maneuver orchestrated by a supreme power on the sideline, and the Colts head coach should pay a price for this....beyond having to work for a drug-addled junkie.
If BB pulled this stunt, the remaining predators at NFLN would be evoking BB's two strike rule and demanding his ouster.
No worries...the 40 million dollar man will bring forward his special brand of justice ....after Mara gives him instructions.

If there was a contest between the NFL and the former Soviet Union....I might feel more empathy for the hammer and sickle

I pointed this out in the game day thread when it happened that it was illegal and I don’t believe for a single second the Colts didn’t know it.

As others have pointed out, if the Patriots did this people would absolutely be losing their minds right now.

This was almost as funny as Chuck Pagano playing for a long game winning field goal in a blizzard and not trying to get closer.

Yes, in fact, the "snow plow game" was the reason for the rule change (that and Don Shula blowing his stack). Even back then the Pats were causing rule changes all over the NFL.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back