PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cleveland Browns RB Nick Chubb

NG Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I couldn’t help but notice how explosive and talented Nick Chubb looked yesterday. Looks like a future all pro. Those of you who watched a lot of Georgia Football, who was better in college Chubb or Sony and who was viewed as the better NFL prospect?

Do you think we made another Jermaine Cunningham-Carlos Dunlap mistake?

Ohh yeah baby let’s torture ourselves. They’re both good.

I like Sony. Just got to run block better for him.

I couldn’t help but notice how explosive and talented Nick Chubb looked yesterday. Looks like a future all pro. Those of you who watched a lot of Georgia Football, who was better in college Chubb or Sony and who was viewed as the better NFL prospect?

Chubb had more rushing yards by about 200 ish. YPC Michel was better. Both had 13 TDs.

In 2017

In 2016 Chubb at least stats wise was better than '17. Michel came on more in '17

Watching a few of their nationality televised games I loved them both.

Sony had a crazy post season and was a major factor in winning a SB. Still an excellent pick.

Sony is having a rough time. He was a good receving back in college. Give him some targets. Unload the box. Maybe that is the problem.

Time will tell. Chubb looks better right now for a variety of reasons but lets not forget sony had one of the greatest rushing post seasons of all time and not sure we are defending champions without him on the roster. Give it time hopefully our run blocking which has been abysmal thus far improves and hard to blame them either given the injuries.

I will say the breakaway speed that Sony showed in college just hasn’t quite shown up at this level. The bigger issue this year has been the OL. Once the blocking improves we should see something similar to the 2018 version of Sony.

Yeah.. looks like Chubb will be the better player.

Again we’re talking about rbs. Short shelf life (unless your name is Frank Gore.) This isn’t as big of a deal as say taking the wrong QB.

I dont think so but after scouting both last year I said this I would have taken Nick Chubb instead he looked like the better runner in College. Really hope Sony get his act together because even the Lions Kerryon Johnson looks like a way better player. Sony you are a First Round Running Back run like one.

I mean shoot we could’ve picked Ronald Jones.

I dont think so but after scouting both last year I said this I would have taken Nick Chubb instead he looked like the better runner in College. Really hope Sony get his act together because even the Lions Kerryon Johnson looks like a way better player. Sony you are a First Round Running back run like one.

You should first tell the OL to block better.

Sony lost a little explosiveness due to his knee injury, as also noted by at least 2 other Pats articles I’ve read in he past year. I’m more curious about being involved in the passing game. Supposedly Sony was more well rounded than Chubb.

Chubb and Chubb before he got hurt

Yes, I think Chubb is better, but maybe not by a big enough margin to complain about. I totally see the Cunningham-Dunlap comparison but I don't think it's quite as extreme.

You should first tell the OL to block better.

Great RB's create holes that are not there Sony wont get any gaping holes from this current OL grouping losing all that Beef we had last year. Did Gronk - Develin - Allen - Andrews and a better Shaq Mason make Sony look real good last year?? I mean Mason have really sucked this year very unimpressive play at RG. That said the missing ain't walking through that door. I would Roll with Burkhead and White and sprinkle in a little Sony.

Based on their college film, Sony, easily; he looked like Kamara 2.0.

He's been a totally different player since coming to the NFL, regardless of OL struggles (two separate issues), and in spite of his postseason success last year. Chubb has looked like the better NFL player.

Sony still shows good vision and power at times, but nowhere near the shifty, explosive playmaking ability he showed at UGA; he's much more upright and seems stiff. It's not really debatable that he's been a totally different player at the NFL level when compared to UGA -- just go watch some highlights of Georgia compared to Pats side-by-side and you'll see the difference.

That's not to say he hasn't been productive, he's been a productive contributor, but a totally different style of play.

I really wonder if it's a mental/coaching thing related to ball security, and he's so focused on protecting the ball that he isn't playing loose and aggressively. In the preseason game against Carolina this season he looked like his explosive self at UGA, and I remember posters being blown away and excited by how he looked. But since the start of the regular season that explosiveness hasn't been there.

I don't think it's injuries or a lack of physical ability -- I think it's mental/coaching.

Chubb was better but Sony was scouted as the better pro because everyone recognized he had better receiving skills and he was perfect for the Patriots offense.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back